Chapter 4: The morning after

The next morning, I wake up in a room I'm not familiar with.

I need a few seconds to remember last night and smile. When I turn my head to the side, I find Wanda still sleeping peacefully next to me. Her arm is draped over my stomach, holding me close even in her sleep.

For a moment, I close my eyes and just smile, enjoying to wake up like this. But then my needs kick in, reminding me of my bladder and the dry throat I have.
I glance at Wanda once more before slowly lifting her arm off me. She doesn't move or stir awake. Before putting her arm down, I place a kiss on her hand and then carefully slip out of bed.

The room is barely illuminated by the light outside, the curtains blacking out most of it. In the darkness, I can't find my clothes though and look around with squinted eyes. There are in fact no clothes lying on the ground anymore.
But there are folded clothes on an armchair next to the dresser. None of those clothes are mine but they weren't here when we entered the room last night and there are two of everything.

I glance to the bed, wondering if Wanda got up after I fell asleep. But then I remember that we aren't the only people in this house. Now that I slept with Wanda, I'm not quite sure how to feel about Natasha or how to approach her.
I'm sure, she is aware of the activities of last night. But if she brought fresh clothes in here at some point, she really must not have a problem with this.

I put on some underwear and slip into a shirt that reaches just underneath my butt. It's probably a shirt of Wanda's, if the size is any indication. At least, I think it is. I don't know how they handle lending clothes when they bring someone home.
The sweatpants that are also on the armchair don't interest me. For once, because it's warm in here and I don't want to have them heat me up even more and because I'm just going to the bathroom and then downstairs to get some water.

I'm not sure if it's rude to just take a bottle of water but I remember Wanda telling me at some point last night that I can just help myself to whatever I want.

After a quick detour to the bathroom, I make my way downstairs. Before I even reach the last step, a delicious smell engulfs me and my mouth starts watering. My stomach grumbles at the smell of food, luring me closer to the kitchen.

I should not be surprised to see Natasha in there, there is no other option, but I still am. She's currently cooking something in a pan, focused on the task at hand. Her hair is put up but not quite as neatly as last night. She's wearing a shirt paired with pants that I can't see from here. It doesn't look like she just woke up, making me wonder when she got up.

"Good morning, y/n." She greets me, startling me. I didn't realize she noticed me standing in the doorframe.

"Good morning, Natasha." I reply, awkwardly standing in the door.

This situation is weird, right? Seeing the wife of the woman you slept with last night in the kitchen in the morning. But Natasha doesn't seem to think so. She just glances at me shortly before flipping a pancake.

"Do you want anything from the kitchen? We got plenty of drinks in the fridge, along with yogurts and milk if you want cereal for breakfast." She offers. Her voice is normal, not layered with any certain emotion. But I still imagine that it's slightly warmer than last night.

"Yeah, I wanted a bottle of water." I answer and step into the kitchen.
She nods and keeps working on the breakfast. If she doesn't find this awkward or weird, then I won't either, I decide.

I grab a bottle from the fridge and place it down on the counter a few steps away from the fridge. If I was at home, I would hop onto the counter now but that seems rude here.
Natasha plates another pancake before carrying the plate with the stack over to the breakfast nook. I notice three sets of plates and cutlery on there. She's making breakfast for me too?
Our eyes meet for a few seconds and I remember that I'm standing weirdly close to the counter. For a second, softness flashes on her face and she nods at me.