Chapter 16: Relaxed Saturday

I ring the bell at exactly 1:30 pm, waiting for either one of them to open. It's Natasha who opens the door. For the first time, I see her wearing shorts and a simple t-shirt. To be fair, it is burning hot today, so everything else would be self-torture. 

"Hey darling." She greets me and lets me inside the house. I come in and receive a short kiss on the lips.

"Wanda's in the backyard. She had a bit of a freakout over her plants this morning, worried they won't survive the weather." She tells me, her voice soft and very fond.

I smile, very much able to imagine that. Natasha leads me through their house and for the first time, I see their backyard. It's big with a pool area on the left side and a gardening area on the right side. Wanda is kneeling on the grass, wearing short denim overalls and a hat, looking the most adorable she ever has. When she looks up, there's a smear of dirt on her face and her fingers are covered in it. 

"Y/n." She greets me happily before lifting her hands and then dropping them again. I snicker and lean down to give her a short kiss that makes her smile widely. 

"I'll be right with you, I just gotta finish here." She promises. I wave it off. I will gladly watch her tend to her plants all afternoon. 

"Don't stress yourself." I assure her and follow Nat to the loungers in the pool area. I'm a little surprised when she pulls her shirt over her head and drops the shorts, leaving her in a bikini that looks beautiful against her skin. She lays down on a lounger and looks over at me. 

"Feel free to get rid of some of your clothes as well, but you don't have to." She says. 

Her voice is relaxed, not trying to get me naked or anything. Even if she was, I wouldn't mind.
I rid myself of anything but my bikini and get comfortable on the lounger as well. I slip sunglasses over my eyes and watch Wanda kneel by her plants, taking care of them. 

She does take her time and I absolutely enjoy it. Sometimes it looks like she's talking to them, which I can actually imagine her doing. Seeing her in her element is the sweetest and I wish, I could watch her like this every day. She's just so carefree and happy.
I take my eyes off Wanda to look at Natasha. She's relaxing on her lounger, her eyes closed and her face tilted toward the sun.
This is the most laid-back I've ever seen her and I like it. Sure, she's hot as the CEO in her suit but there's something about her just lying here in the sun, totally at peace.
I allow myself to watch her a little longer, enjoying the feeling of the sun warming my skin. Lying here is a lot nicer than sitting in my apartment, trying to avoid any of the heat.

"It's nice to see her relax, isn't it?" 

I almost jump at Wanda's silent voice suddenly next to me. She grins to herself at my reaction, sitting down next to my legs. Her hands and face are clean now, no sign of dirt whatsoever. She leans in to give me a short kiss before looking back over to Natasha. 

"It is." I agree. "Is she stressed often?"
Wanda considers that for a moment, slowly tilting her head from one side to the other.

"She has moments where she's more stressed than other times. It can last for a week or two but after that she always relaxes again. She just doesn't always show she's relaxed. But you can often tell by the way she speaks or acts. It also shows in her eyes. And if she's stressed, there are always ways to help her destress." Wanda answers. I cock an eyebrow at her in question. She rolls her eyes and swats my knee lightly. 

"Not in that way. I mean, yeah that too, but I'm talking about something else." She tells me. I am about to ask what she is talking about, when Natasha opens her eyes, instantly looking over to us. It's hard to tell if she heard our silent conversation or not.