Chapter 15: The follow-up meeting

A/n: This is not proofread. 
Also, make sure to be alone while reading this ;)

Pov y/n

Thursday rolls around quickly. It was a bit stressful to get all the numbers done until today but I managed. I don't think Mr. Stevens would have wanted to reschedule, whereas I'm sure, Natasha would have done it in a heartbeat if I told her I'm working a bit of overtime to get everything done. 

I'm excited for the meeting. Not because of the prospect of them becoming our partner, that would be great, but rather because I get to see Natasha again. She texted me last weekend and asked me if I wanted to come over this weekend. I instantly agreed because I like hanging out with them and spending time with them. Besides, they have a backyard, in which the weather can be enjoyed a lot better than from inside my apartment. 

Since it's warm today as well, I decided on a summery dress that's still a little classier though. Showing up to a meeting in shorts doesn't feel right and even if I know it's with Nat and she would never judge me, I know, my boss wouldn't like it at all though. 

The building is well air conditioned as we step out of the elevator. It's still very impressive to be here but now overshadowed by the joy to see Natasha. Miss Welling greets us and lets us into the meeting room, where four bottles of water plus glasses are already waiting for us. This time, I have more to say and add to the conversation, but I'm not nervous about that. I did an excellent job with the numbers, if I say so myself, and I know, I will be relaxed because it's Nat.
Trying to impress CEO's that I don't know or trying to convince them is a lot harder but with Nat, I know I don't have to do that. If she wasn't interested, she wouldn't have set up a second meeting. She doesn't fuck around in this matter, that's what I learned so far. If she's interested in a deal, she'll keep talking to the people. If not, she doesn't schedule a second meeting. She's too professional to just schedule a meeting to see me, so this is about the deal.
Right?

Despite knowing she would walk in here at some point, I'm still stunned when she does. The weather doesn't seem to affect her choice of clothing, as always, she wears a suit that looks forbiddingly hot on her. She's not wearing a tie today though.
Our eyes meet for a moment but she doesn't show any reaction as she shakes Mr. Stevens's hand. Only when she shakes my hand and gives it a short squeeze along with a tiny smile, I know she's only being professional. I don't think she would randomly start to hate me but it is weird when I don't see any sign of recognition whatsoever. So, the squeeze and smile put me at ease and I settle down in my chair, smoothing out my dress skirt. 

The meeting begins and I try my best to listen to what is being said, which is difficult with Natasha opposite of me. She doesn't do anything to distract me but she also doesn't have to. Seeing her in her suit is enough to distract me. I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to it.

When it's my time to speak, I push two papers over the table, so they see the numbers I'm talking about. I'm on a run, telling them all they need to know and when I glance over at Mr. Stevens, he seems very pleased with my work. Numbers are my thing and he knows that. I do catch Nat watching me, her expression a little softer than before and when our eyes meet, I imagine a hint of a smile dancing around her lips. It doesn't stop me from talking though and when I'm done, I reach for the bottle of water to take a few sips. 

I tend to get carried away when I talk and it always makes my throat a little dry. Nat eyes me for a few seconds longer, her gaze intense, making me want to squirm. Then she redirects her attention to Mr. Stevens and they talk about the cooperation some more. These meetings always take long but for once, I don't mind it. I get the chance to watch Natasha work and admire her for three hours without feeling bad for looking at her.