CHAPTER ONE

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒚𝒏'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

We were all gathered in the guest room, about to make a major change in our history and our path , Sad and angry expressions were painted on everyone's faces. Smells of anger permeated the room. I could feel it . And the worst of all, there was nothing we could do .Our role was to stand there and watch the lives of two innocent children stolen from them and simply taken away .

Is there no other solution? Why these two children exactly? Why ??? They simply cannot be abandoned ! We are one family, we do not sell or abandon anyone of the same blood as us .All these questions were running through my head, but I couldn't find any logical answer .

_ " Okay , well i think we have a deal" said Mr Osmond , He extended his hand to shake my grandfather's hand. He didn't care about our feelings or the feelings of the two children. His voice was cold, and his face was expressionless, It is clear that he carries nothing but cruelty in his heart , that is why his life resembles darkness .He was short and fat, his shirt buttons almost explode because of his stomach. He was half the height of my grandfather.

My grandfather was about to shake his hand when my aunt Abigail screamed " Noo !! please no ... These are your grandchildren ..... how can you do this to them ? How did your heart allow you to abandon them ? " She screamed, barely speaking while she was crying so hard , i've never saw her like that before .
She was sitting on the floor while her hands were hitting the ground hard because her anger had reached its maximum level. I know that if she had a gun in front of her, she would have killed everyone in the room , these monsters were going to take her son from her and take him away from his family and she couldn't do anything about it .

Yes, Peter is her son, and today they came to take him and Wendy, my uncle Aiden's daughter . They did not leave us another solution. They threatened us with death and without mercy, to erase our faction from the list of mafia organizations. Our lives, our work, and every one of us were in danger, but I would have preferred that we all be killed in one land and not sell two children who have nothing to do with the matter . It is not as if we did not try, we tried to find solutions or agreements with them, but no avail .

Uncle Aidan was standing there trying to calm my aunt down, while my grandmother was trying to hold her tears and not to show her weakness in front of her children. She is a strong woman. Everyone says she is the true meaning of the word perfect . Once everyone had calmed down, it was time to say goodbye to Peter and Wendy. No one could do that without mentioning their parents .

_ " Mr Robert , MR ROBERT , fire !! FIREE !!! " it was our maid , she was screaming while she had looks of fear and panic on her .

_ " What fire ?? where ?? speak " asked my grandfather , confused .

_" I... in t..the garden there .....at the entrance door ... in t...the sparkling " She said , she could barely complete a sentence .
_ " what .. how did that happen ??? ...Why are you looking at me .. Aiden , walker Chris come on , go see what's going on over there , COME ON !!! " screamed my grandma terrified , she was panicking .
_" calm down alright we're going to see what's going on " said my dad .
Dad , uncle Aiden , walker and chris went to the sparkling which was built in the middle of the entrance yard, the fire was around it, all the plants that were planted in it became ashes, as the smoke was pervading the entrance .

We all went out to follow them until we saw uncle Aiden sitting on the ground, his face turned pale yellow , shocked while my dad opened his mouth and his face expressed fear and panic, not knowing what to do .
_ " what's going on there ? " asked my mom , then grandpa knew something had happened immediately he ran to them, and when he arrived, he stood in his place for a few seconds, understanding what his eyes were seeing .
_" what's that " he asked, closing his eyes, trying to avoid the sight, clinging to my uncle chris's arm .
At the same moment, my uncle Aiden got up and started yelling at him " What's that !? Do you really have to ask what is that? They are your GRANDCHILDREN !!! who you abandoned " Attacking my grandfather, and the tears in his eyes petrified, turning into anger .
my father and my uncles intervened, in addition to all the men who were there, and then , my aunt Abigail realized the words that uncle Aiden had said, then she began to tremble and say "No, he is not talking about our children, not about my child, right ?? " She asked, and her face became red, as if she was going to burst into tears at any moment.
my father looked at us with a heartbreak look in his eyes. he could not even utter a word , Immediately, she ran to them and reached the scene of the fire.
She stopped and then started shouting " p..p..peterr ... PETER , PETEEERR ... NO, no, no, PEEETEEERRRR !!! maybe they're joking, right? It's one of their pranks. Come on, Peter, wake up son, Wendy. Come on, game over " She started laughing and underestimating the situation, as if she had lost her mind, then in a blink of an eye, she jumped to throw herself into the fire and began to cry and shout "NO my son, DON'T do this to me !!!!!! without you I DON'T have a man to protect me. NO , PETER I will not let you go like this."
Immediately after that, uncle Walker went to arrest her, and she insisted on jumping. She was hitting him to make him leave her, but he withstood all his strength and then began to hug her tightly, and she began to cry intensely .

As for my grandmother and the rest, some of them were crying, and some of them were standing and trying to understand what they were seeing now, and I was one of them, I was standing unaware of what was going on around me, how could this be possible? Did we really lose Peter and Wendy? fire ? Not that the answer wasn't obvious, but it didn't seem logical .
For me, Peter was the smartest person in the family. Every move was thoughtful. He was truly from the Croft family. Our family raised him to be a gentleman from a young age he can't do that to us.
He was even preparing himself to become one of the organization. His dream was to stand alongside men and represent our family in front of all the countries that work with us.As he never risks the life of anyone with him, he always tries to protect his loved ones, especially Wendy, it's impossible for him to put her life in danger , he sacrifices himself for her and I know he would do that with all of us , he's a true little man .

Peter and Wendy are soulmates we all know that . And when Wendy was born we wrote Peter's name on her finger and we did the same on Peter's finger "Peter lives for Wendy and and no one else would take Wendy but Peter , she is his life" That's what Auntie Seienna said when Wendy opened her eyes to see the world for the first time .