Chapter nineteen

𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗         

   How do I tell you that I didn't sleep all night? I stayed awake.
We have a funeral today, the funeral of someone I killed. Isaac suggested that I shouldn't come if it bothers me, but it's the opposite.

  I want to go and accompany Sage to her final resting place. She deserves all the respect.
  It's my duty as a royal heir more than a soldier. I mean, I will retire from the ranks of the soldiers and focus more on ruling. I will stand by Mary.

    Mary couldn't visit me yesterday. The ministers called for urgent meetings because the king, who is my grandfather, wants to meet us as soon as possible.

   This is not good news.
   Thanks to Artemis and Haven. They stayed with me throughout the night, and now they are sleeping in my bed. We're all in each other's arms. I always used to think that if I left Croft's house, I wouldn't have a family anymore. But now, I have the best family, a family without blood ties.

     I tried to quietly get up from my bed and headed towards the bathroom. When I came out, I received a message from Percy.

Well finally I guess

   𝑷𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒚 : 𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒂𝒛𝒆𝒃𝒐 , 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒋𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒆 

   𝑴𝒆 : 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

         Without changing my dress, I went towards the gazebo.

The castle seemed empty, only the servants were there.
I walked in the castle's park and then reached the beautiful stone structure. The castle's gazebo was large, adorned with vibrant colorful flowers, bright, and captivating to behold .

   I entered and found Percy standing with his eyes closed, inhaling the scent of the blooming roses, as he leaned against the side

  _ "Ahm, I've arrived, good morning" I said as I walked in.
   _"Ah, you came" he said, taking a breath when he saw me approaching "Thank God you're safe" he added, smiling at me.

   We stayed silent for moments, each standing next to the other, admiring the breathtaking view of the garden.

      _"How is everyone doing?" I sighed, hesitating to ask him the question.

      _ "They're all trapped, except for Finn and Robert," he replied without hesitation in a calm tone.

      _ "Where are they?" I asked.

      _ "They escaped that day," he also replied calmly.

    I stayed silent for a moment, contemplating him as he ignored my gaze.

  Go ahead, yell at me. Why is he so calm? I almost killed his mother and he's still silent with me.

   I feel like his silence is a sign that he's holding a lot inside, but he doesn't want to let it out. I can't bear to see him like this.