Chapter twenty two

𝑭𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒙'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

10 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨

Living with my hands bound, inside a room that resembles death, every wall engraved with a single word "Hell." That's what I'm experiencing in this room, living under the roof of the devil. My hands have become numb after getting used to the pain of this tight iron handcuff, a symbol that I am one of the subjects of that scoundrel, Osmond.

My body has become accustomed to being beaten to the point where I can no longer distinguish between the pain of the beatings and the act of breathing. Both feel numb to me. My physical stature has grown compared to my age.
I wouldn't have been able to endure all of this if it weren't for Arsel by my side.

He silently endured, never uttering a word. Even on the day they tattooed him behind his ear, his face remained frozen.

this is all my fault
But he chose for our paths to converge because our goal was the same.

Arsel wanted to join the soldiers and the fighting corps, while I wanted to infiltrate organizations and climb through their ranks, only to turn against them all and bring them down.

And so our ideas aligned, to enter the mafia and play the role of spies within the army, all the while planning to destroy them from within.
But in my heart, there is an 𝐼𝑑𝑒𝑎 that doesn't sit well with me, and this idea won't please Arsel either. However, my blood boils to execute it, even if it means 𝑠𝑎𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 everything.

I lifted my gaze to Arsel, who was shackled beside me with that iron bracelet.

The iron bracelet prevents us from leaving the room

The iron bracelet prevents us from leaving the room. There is an electrical system around the exit door. If we surpass it with that bracelet, we will be hit with a powerful electric shock that can kill us without hesitation.

I looked at Arsel, and as I stared at him, he shook his head, causing his golden hair to fall and cover his ear "How much time is left?" he asked, changing the subject.

_"Any minute from now," I replied, then I brushed my hair aside as it was covering my face.

Osmond always insisted on keeping our hair long, so that the tattoo behind our ear wouldn't be visible.

Osmond managed to recruit over nine thousand young children to join him by the end of this month, and they are all placed on a separate floor.

As for me and Arsel , we were the only ones whose room was located in an underground basement, ten meters below the ground.

The reason remains unknown, but Osmond was extremely cautious about Arsel and me , although I find it hard to believe that he truly trusted us. Making the game easier..

_"Arsel" I said after a heavy silence "we're moving forward every day, you can withdraw if you want" I continued, emphasizing every word I spoke, knowing that I was the one who brought him here in the end.