Chapter twenty

᪥ 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞 ᪥

𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒉'𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒗

   _ "We are doomed, doomed! Don't you hear me? I'm telling you it's our end. That fucking man will kill everyone here." The woman, at the entrance of the government palace, was screaming in panic, striking the guards and soldiers who were holding her.

    She appeared terrified, broken, disheveled, with gray hair making her look like a beggar. Her legs were trembling, and her face was filled with fear, but she remained resilient.

    Her expression changed when she saw us standing there. Her body shook, and she stared at us with a crazed, unbelieving look.

  Mary stood frozen in disbelief as well, and then, with tears of astonishment, she rushed towards her sister, pushing away all the soldiers. She began touching her as if to confirm if it was real.

  As for the woman, my mother, her eyes were teary from dehydration as she felt her sister.

Mary gasped, crying heavily, and surrendered herself to her sister's embrace, who was holding her tightly and crying as well "I'm sorry, my dear sister, I'm sorry..." Mary sobbed, pulling my mother closer and running her fingers through her hair.

   _" Don't worry, I'm here with you" My mom hugged her tightly.

After staring at her for a long time, I approached her hesitantly, unsure of what to do or how to react.

  I stood in front of my mom, the mom who they deprived me of growing up in her embrace.

  Seeing her like this confirms that she is very much a victim. Her face looks very pale, but the question that keeps running through my head is why they released her despite imprisoning her all these years.
Something is going on, but I can't find an answer right away because I can't believe that I'm standing in front of my mom. Did she know that I'm her daughter standing in front her?

    She lifted her pale face, looking at me with a pained expression. Then her gaze widened as if she knew me well.

  I felt my soul being drawn towards her as she released Mary from her grasp and stood up, approaching me with her mouth agape in disbelief. Her eyes, so unbelievably blue, examined me as she confirmed that I was real by touching my body.

  As for me, I let her do it noticing her long, curly black hair.

   I was deeply moved and couldn't control myself "M--mom," I sighed with a deep breath.

My trembling hands reached out to gently hold hers, then she let go and placed her hands on my head, pulling me towards her as she cried with sobs. She kissed my trembling forehead, and I burst into tears as she embraced me tightly, holding onto me as if she was afraid they would take me away from her again "You're my daughter, my daughter," she whispered with a sob.

    After the embrace, I held onto her hands and looked around at the people staring at us.

  Percy, Isaac Artemis, and Arsel stood there in astonishment, along with a few skeptical soldiers.

  My mom continued to look around intently, as if searching for someone, until she found that person. She looked at Arsel and the person behind her with a fearful gaze, Hazel.

    I could feel her body trembling, and then she struggled to raise her hand and pointed her finger towards Arsel and Hazel "You two," she exclaimed in panic "demons, what are you doing here? They're one of them, they're from them, demons, they came from hell!" she jumped in fear and tension, trembling as she called out to them, looking at us.