22 | Honey-Colored Gem

THE TRUTH

Warning: Violent scene ahead. Please read with caution. If you are underaged, please skip this chapter.

Yria's POV

"Why does your father need us so early in the morning?" Andros yawned behind me in complaint.

"It's almost nine in the morning, Andros. It's not that early." Solstice replied in irritation.

"Hey! I am a night creature, Solstice. For you humans, I am your version of a night owl." He protested loudly, making the others groan including Krian. I bit down my laughter.

"Can I put a gag on Andros' mouth without committing any serious laws from the royal courts?" It was Caius' turn to complain.

"Put a gag on him and you will seal the deal of dying in the hands of my father." The vampire confidently replied to him.

"It's just easier to push the vampire outside and leave him there. He might be the first vampire prince to die both from hypothermia and hyperthermia" The werewolf joked this time causing for Krian to giggle beside him.

"Sure sure, Taylor. How about I mix some poison in your expensive taste of coffee? Hm? Sounds good, bro?"

"Andros?" Solstice called his name. "Yes dear?" I could imagine him having a cocky smile while talking to the redheaded girl.

"Shut up." She requested in her soft beautiful voice. A thunder of laughter made the cold icy palace glow with life and I laughed with them.

"She's a sweet girl with a sweet voice but her tongue can cut and create wounds." Caius as always with his poetic words made me laugh more.

"That is true!" Looking back at him, I agreed.

"Your Highness, this way." Pania interrupted our little squabble. Immediately, my friends stopped with their banter and straightened their backs. I smiled at their respect with our guard. I looked at Taylor who has been watching me since I met him this morning. He must have sensed the heavy feeling I have been carrying since I woke up.

"Right. Uhm... I'll take it from here, Pania. I remember the way now." I told her and she nodded before giving me the salute of the Wafian realm. "I will stand guard here, princess." She stood on the side proudly not wanting to hear any protest from me.

"Okay. Thanks." I smiled at her. "Let's go, everyone. My father hates waiting." I motioned them to follow me up the dark and winding staircase leading to the attic that I haven't visited since I was a child.

The moment we reached the attic door made of thick ice, I called for my father. "Father, we are here."

"Come in." His voice vibrated against the old icy walls. I looked back at my friends who had cautious expressions on their faces. They have asked me earlier when I invited them why we were here and I told them what I only knew. I also do not know what was in store for us other than the knowledge that my father knew something about the prophecy.