Bonds of Brotherhood

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

The above video is from 2016 where MSD talks about India's early exit in 2007 World Cup

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

So this story is based on one of the requests that I got so I really hope you all enjoy it.

~~~~~~~

The Indian team had lost to Bangladesh in a World Cup match before crashing out of the tournament.

None of the members of the team was in a good frame of mind especially after hearing about the reaction of their so-called fans.

Many of them were listening to news of their houses being attacked by angry mobs and they were all concerned about the safety of their loved ones.

The seniors kept to themselves since they didn't know how to deal with their emotions and also help their juniors.

They all had been through a lot of different phases of Indian cricket, but this current situation was still a little new to them.

The recent events that had caused a divide in the dressing room also needed to be acknowledged and talked about for them to fully recover from their loss.

They hadn't just lost another chance of winning the World Cup, but they had also been extremely disconnected with each other.

Most of the juniors understood their need to stay away from them and avoided approaching them as much as possible and trying to deal with the recent events on their own.

~~~~~~~

One such day Sachin Paaji was ranting about how he wanted to retire immediately and his friends were trying to knock some sense into him.

Suddenly they heard someone nervously knocking on their door and they opened it to find one of their kids looking at them expectantly.

None of them were in the right frame of mind to deal with the kid's problem so Jammy Bhai politely says, "Bachha, can you please give us some time? We need to deal with something urgently."

The kid nervously replies, "Jammy Bhai, I really want to talk to you all. Papa ka phone aaya tha abhi aur-"

Dada cuts him off rudely, "Jammy ne bola na ki thoda time do humko. Ek baar me baat samajh me nahi aati kya?"

Sachin Paaji sternly says, "Dadi"

Dada however was in no mood to listen as he continues, "Main bhi kisko bol raha hu na. Bas khurafaat me hi toh dimaag chalta hai tumhara. Ground pe toh lagana nahi hota hai."

Anil Bhai interjects, "Bas ho gaya ab Sourav. Sirf Mahi ki galti nahi hai ki hum haare."

Mahi looks up with teary eyes and softly asks, "Meri wajah se hum haare?"

The seniors look at him but none of them know what to say to him at the moment.

Seeing that no one was replying to his question Mahi takes a few steps back and continues, "I'm sorry aap sabko disturb karne ke liye. Aapko aur pareshaan nahi karunga main. Once again, I'm sorry for everything."