I Hate When I Dream

Chapter 5: I Hate When I Dream

Word count: 1321

Manga chapters: none (this will eventually be more than just a simple 'none' . . .)

I was awoken by a comfort, Shimo licking my face. The sky was light with a pink hue from the rising sun and the air was crisp as I pulled the blanket off of me. It was almost too good. 

It had been three days since my rising at the hospital and I finally had a concrete plan, I was to meet with a new group of people, courtesy of Naruto. He'd chosen to barge into my shabby room yesterday evening and refused to leave until I agreed to meet with him around lunch time.

I'd already explored the majority of the streets and buildings surrounding my temporary living quarters and grown quite close to my landlord, but I was becoming bored. I winced as I pushed my weight through my arms and got up, my new and age old wounds throbbing. I was fortunate to have had my arms hidden during the whole interlude at the hospital, the bandages once again hidden beneath the sleeves of my jacket.

I clewed my lip, annoyed that I was still affected so many years later. 

Shimo pounced on me, refusing to allow me to dwell on the scars. I crashed backwards onto the futon and released a mighty groan. "Ah, Shimo!" She licked my cheek in an attempt to sooth me. "Right, right. Good morning to you too." 

I played with her for a minute or two before I sat up again, managing to stand. I was still coughing occasionally, but considering my state from several days ago I was doing remarkably better, yet it was still frustrating. 

I traveled to the few supplies I'd bought earlier in the week, non perishables and the like, and retrieved some dry food for Shimo. Her mood grew extremely excited and she jumped about, rubbing herself against my legs when I grew especially close to giving her, her breakfast. 

Once she was fed I threw my clothes on and went out. A simple breakfast was ideal. 

~

My awaken had been early that morning and my meal was quick. These choices led to me having an ample amount of time to waste before my meet up with Naruto and the others. I wondered the village with little of a destination. The air carried the faint traces of rain, the water from three days ago almost gone, but I cherished it nonetheless. Shimo was moving close by like always and ended up in my arms on several occasion. 

I eventually travelled to an unknown section of the village and happened upon a book story. Hey, a traveller wants books like a child does candy. I pulled on the door handle at the same moment another pushed from within, jarring them as they toppled forward, crashing into me. We both fell to the ground. 

I'm really being attacked here . . .

"Oh, sorry," the man apologised, standing before me and offering a hand downwards. I accepted it after a moment's thought. Once I was standing firm he bent to retrieve his fallen book, one which cover he was quick to hide. The man stood tall and had quite a few years on me, both his demeanor and appearance illustrating such. "I'm Kakashi, you are?" 

"Ayako, new to the village, yet, familiar with the floor." He tilted his head as he took me in, his masked features making it almost impossible to learn anything from. 

"Well, nice to meet you." He disappeared then, offering a way of goodbye. 

I watched him leave with mild curiosity before I dashed into the bookstore as I'd intended. It was barely ten thirty so I found several decent books, towards the back of the store, and a window, sitting before it as I read the first page of each in hopes of finding an interesting one. I found myself being swallowed by the fourth book in the pile and forgot I was in a bookstore instead of a library, continuing the story.