Leaving Already

Ayako's POV

Just a few days later my team and I arrived back at the leaf village, the weather not nearly as bad as how it was when I'd first arrived. Having walked in during the day the gates were open and pulled apart, welcoming us straight in. Immediately the three of us made a bee line for the Hokage's building towards the back of the village, my feet reluctantly taking me there.

As we were walking up to Lady Tsunade's door Naruto and his team exited, all looking fairly grim. Hearing our approaching footsteps Naruto looked up, catching my eye and smiling.

"Hey Aya! Just got back from your mission? How'd it go?"

"Decent I guess." We stopped just before Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi Sensei standing behind him on either side.

"Ayako, we need to talk to the Hokage, you guys can all meet up later." Shikamaru began pushing me past them, Shino following close behind.

"I'll meet you at Ichiraku's later, Aya!" Naruto cheered, waving goodbye to me.

"Sure thing Naruto."

~

"So the mission went okay?" Lady Tsunade asked us, eyeing each of us individually. I found myself nodding to her and petting a sleeping Shimo.

"Relatively, we got there on time, but we met with someone on the way." Tsunade trailed her eyes over to Shikamaru, addressing him.

"What happened?"
"Don't really know, three randoms appeared out of nowhere just before we got to Suna, spoke to us for about ten minutes before going on their way." My body was already trying to fight the fear that was over coming it, my palms becoming sweaty, everything else ridged.

"Hokage, I don't think they were randoms, as Ayako said they were, they seemed to know her. She's just unwilling to talk about it." I turned to glare at Shikamaru but he was effectively avoiding my gaze, focusing solely on Lady Tsunade.

Lady Tsunade took in a breathe of air before speaking. "Care to elaborate, Ayako?" After a paused I responded.

"Uh, well. I guess I know them. I saw them when I was four." I ended, saying as little as possible.

"And?" Tsunade pressured.

"And they're the reason I don't have a home to return to." That got Tsunade's attention.

"They're the ones that caused the massacre of your clan?" She asked, remembering what I'd told her when we'd first met.

"Yeah, I can remember seeing them kill people."

"And what did they want to talk to you about this time?" Tsunade brought her hands together on the table before her, sitting forward.

"They told me I can summon a dragon, and that they're going to kill me in a while, no biggie." I shrugged my shoulders, bending my head into Shimo's body, snuggling her. Even though Shikamaru and Shino knew about the dragon there was a deathly silence in the room, no one knowing what to say.

"Wait... dragons, like the stories?" Shizune asked, squeezing the pig she held in her arms, just like me with Shimo.

"I guess, they didn't really say anymore, just said they'd be collecting something from me before they kill me, also, that there will be a Shinobi war soon."Tsunade breathed out heavily, blowing her fringe out away from her head, annoyed.

"So even more people know, huh?" Tsunade said to herself, turning her chair around to stare out the window. "I'm sending Naruto off to advance his ability with the Kubi, maybe you should with him too, Ayako."