Time I Found a Job

Ayako's POV

"Hey Ayako, I just heard that you're going to be with Kiba, Hinata and Shino!" Naruto shouted from beside me, an enormous grin plastered to his face. Since he'd found out about how I got my scared arms Naruto's returned to his ordinary state, one of annoyingly excessive joy, laughter and smiles.

"Yep that's right, I'm starting my missions with them soon as well, but they're actually away already so I can't start for probably another day. Man I miss training with others." I whined, not having trained with anyone for a couple of years.

"Well hey, if that's the case wanna come train with me, my team doesn't have a mission today so I'm free." He told me, jumping around a bit.

"Sure, that'd be awesome." I said, already heading towards the training area, away from the street outside my apartment where Naruto had found me. I still had yet to find a new place, but I was looking, the only issue was that everything was going to cost so much. I had some money, between what I'd earned over the years and the little I'd recently found let over from my family, however it wouldn't be enough to sustain a living. I needed to know how much I'd be making here in the village.

Together we raced towards the training grounds, ones I'd yet to visit, so I let Naruto lead the way, both me and Shimo trailing behind. We reached the grassed area in no time, Shimo running the whole way on the ground beside me.

"Over here Aya, what do you want to do first?" Naruto asked me.

"Wait, what did you call me?" I questioned him.

"What? Oh, Aya. Ayako's too long for me so I thought I'd shorten it, besides I give plenty of people nicknames so it shouldn't be that weird." Naruto said to me, smiling broadly.

"Oh, okay. Well back to training, I think we should start with basic stuff. Do you have any targets around here? We could even try sparing against each other using taijutsu or just ninjutsu." I reached down to the ninja pouch I'd started wearing on my left leg and fiddled with the small weapons within its walls.

"There's targets over there, but I think it's be more fun just to start off sparing, what do you think?" Naruto asked me, walking across the field a little, separating us.

"Sure, why not? I'm still gonna beat your butt." I joked, smiling at him across the grass plane between us.

"No way, I'll definitely beat you, believe it!" He shouted back to me, getting into a fighting stance, his kunai poised and ready.

"We'll see about that." I responded, crouching down and preparing as well. "Shall we start with taijutsu?" I called back out to him.

He nodded towards me and then, the fighting began.

~

I felt the rough ground crash into me as I fell to the ground, dropping down next to Naruto. We'd finally decided to stop, our bodies exhausted from battling each other. Three hours of taijutsu wasn't fun. Shimo came over to where we were lying and nuzzled my face, giving my chin a lick.

"So Naruto, how you feeling?" I puffed out, turning to face him, my cheek brushing into the grass.

"Oh, you know..." Naruto paused, catching his breathe. "Great ..." He wheezed, his chest rapidly moving up and down. I laughed at him, knowing just how he felt.

"Well glad to know you can keep up." It was his turn to laugh then.

"How long has it been since you've train with someone else anyway?" He asked, still laying down and facing me.

"A few years, probably, four?" I said, questioning my own answer.

"Wow, that's a while, so what do you do on your own?"