To Stay Or Not To Stay

Ayako's POV

Today was the day. Today I would meet with Lady Tsunade again and tell her if I had decided to stay here or leave. 

Like when I arrived the sky was grey and crying, puddles forming wherever there was a ditch in the road. As I walked towards the Hokage's building my shoes began to drip, the crashing water seeping through. The hood of my jacket was tightly wrapped around my face and Shimo on my shoulder, as per usual, with only her nose sticking out. 

Even though it was close to eight in the morning the world was still painted in black, the emotions of the village citizens reflecting the current weather. I couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic for these people, having had so much rain during summer. 

As I neared the Hokage's building more and more people began entering the street, getting on with their daily lives. I pushed open the doors to the building and hurried inside, grateful for the warmth it provided. 

Within three minutes I was positioned outside the doors to the Hokage's building, ready to knock. Once I had I pushed the doors open and greeted Lady Tsunade, bending down to bow once I'd met her eyes. 

"Lady Tsunade, good morning." She nodded her head at my greeting. 

"'Morning, and you don't need to bow every time you greet me." She smiled at me while I nodded, keeping her advice in mind for the future. 

"Thank you. Do you need me to come back at a later time?" I asked her, noticing all the paper work on her desk and the few people scattered around the room. I noticed Kakashi was in the room along with Shizune and another two ninjas, both men. 

"No that's okay, we just finished our meeting and the paper work is always there." She told me, waving off my concern. 

"Yes, we did. Then, we'll be off, Lady Tsunade." Kakashi said, stepping forwards and nodding his head before leaving the room with the rest of the people, teleporting out. 

I stared at where they had been for a moment, envious and wishing I could do the same, before turning back to a watching Tsunade. I looked down a little, slightly embarrassed at being caught staring. 

"So you've decided on whether or not you'd wish to stay?" She asked me, putting her hands together on her lap. I nodded towards her before answering. 

"Yes I have."

"Good, but just before you tell me your answer I need you to be aware for somethings if you do stay." She paused for a moment, looking towards me to make sure I was paying attention. "After the recent attacks to the village I'm afraid I've had to become a lot for scrutinizing with the security and the people let into the village. This means, that should you decided to say I'll need to know more about you before I can actually let you find a permanent place to stay and live. 

"Also, you may have been told this, but I'll have to place you on an already existing team and I'm afraid you won't be able to change out of it." Lady Tsunade finished, catching her breathe and looking towards me expectantly. 

"Understood, but, if I may ask, what type of things will you need to know about me?" I asked, slouching a little. 

"I'm afraid I can't really tell you unless you plan to stay here." 

"Oh, well then I best tell you my answer." I added, pausing a moment to make my final decision. 

"Guess you can ask me those questions now." I said, a smile creeping its way onto my face. 

~

"Okay, so Shizune will be recording your answers for our records and I'll ask the questions, I will need them to be answered as honestly as possible, please." Lady Tsunade said, looking at me from across her desk. I still stood in the middle of the room with Shimo on my shoulder.