I Have a Birth Mark

Ayako's POV

See, the thing about me is that the events from my past, which I no longer remember, always present themselves through a dream. The only problem, I can never truly remember the events that occur during them. Instead I get inclinations, my last dream about how I actually met Chizuko.

The fact that I dreamt about her after so long wasn't a good sign, something was going to happen soon.

~

Shikamaru was racing with me towards the academy, skilfully dodging every person who stepped into our path. Shimo had her claws lightly dug into my shoulder, sticking close to me.

According to Shikamaru we had been asleep for about an hour, half an hour too long, we were now, official, late.

"Let's hope Naruto doesn't kill us. That would so not help my mood." I mumbled, trailing after Shikamaru and dodging the next woman who appeared in front of me. Eventually I gave up, knowing running through the crowds was taking too long. "Shikamaru, let's go via the roof, it'll save us time."

He grunted before applying chakara to his feet, leaping up to the nearest roof top. I followed him, placing my hand on Shimo and keeping her on my shoulder.

"Hey, you know, if you stay here in the village you're probably gonna be put into a team with some of the people you meet today." Shikamaru shouted over his shoulder to me. "Just keep that in mind when you're talking to people." He smiled before turning back around to watch where he was going, ending the conversation until we got to the academy.

"Ayako! You're late!" A yellow and orange blob yelled out to me, racing over and grabbing my wrist, pulling me towards a large group of people. As we neared everyone Naruto paused for a moment, his finger wrapping around the ends of my bandages. He peered at me curiously but didn't get the chance to ask any questions as people started calling out to me.

"So you're Ayako?" One of the girls closest to me asked, everyone milling around the tree I'd seen at the academy during my first day. The person who'd spoken was a little taller than me, her long blonde hair up in a ponytail, one which reached her lower back. Her clothing was purple, a skirt and top with black stockings.

I nodded and smiled to the girl, walking closer to her and her companions.

"My name's Ino, I'm on Shikamaru's team with Choji." She told me, pointing to the guy standing beside her. He was slightly larger than the rest of the group, his cheeks decorated with swirls and his face and hands full of potato chips.

I continued smiling to the both of them, giving each a slight wave.

The rest of the group started introducing themselves as well. Naruto showed me to his other two teammates, his pink haired crush Sakura and his other apparently 'emotionless' teammate Sai. Amongst the group were two other ninja teams from the leaf village. Hinata, Kiba and Shino were all the same age as myself, while the last team were a year older.

The first of the team I was introduced to was the girl, Tenten, shortly followed by a green blur and black haired boy named Lee and lastly Hinata's cousin Neji. Apparently he had the highest ninja rank out of everyone here.

I decided to hang with everyone for a few hours, not minding the company and having nothing better to do. Shikamaru's earlier comment was still ringing through my mind, occasionally distracting me during a conversation. I couldn't decide who I'd want to have as my team if I stayed.

When I had been introduced to Kiba and Akamaru I'd been a little weary, curious as to how Shimo would act around a dog. The two had gotten on surprisingly well, rushing off the play a simple game of chase. Sometimes Shimo acts so opposite to her cat traits.