ch.21

⚠️Cw: wee bit of violence and hisoka existing

Months passed by. A harsh winter turns into a blooming spring, only leaving its ghost behind. As March turns into April. Life begins to once again bloom from the ground, and as the seasons change, the hunt for me continues, and there, in the midst of it all, is Chrollo. He would sit in front of a game where Hisoka was currently placed looking for an exorcist, everyday I would see chrollo in front of the console looking at it like It would suddenly come alive and start talking.Which it basically could and It could take you to an island somewhere in the world. Somewhere, you could play a mystical and potentially deadly game for idiots that contained cards , numerous dangerous animals, and dangerous people. This so-called game was meant for the most reckless people, and yet I knew in the back of my mind that if Chrollo had his nen, he himself would have gone in there dragged me along with him

"Why have you been so insistent on joining me while I supervise the console lately?" Chrollo asks, not even shooting his eyes to look up at me as he hears me enter the room. He's sitting on a chair in the corner of his study reading one of his many books as he drinks coffee. He looks peaceful, but I feel a small tint of worry behind it all.

"Better question is how long has it been since you drank even the smallest ounce of water?" I chuckle, questioning him and reversing the roles

Chrollo smiles and looks up from the worn pages of his book. "If you ask me, I'd say earlier today, but knowing you, I should just say last week." He chuckles. His laugh was one that could bring life to anything that hears it. I know it gave life back to me ,and for that that I have him to thank.

"Had to ask, but nervmind that any news from Hisoka?" I ask as I walk from the doorway to the console sitting beside it. His grey eyes followed me to where I sat.

Chrolllo sighs heavily "Sadly no. I'm hoping to hear from him soon. I would like to get our quarrel over with so I can speak to the troupe again." The irritation that Hisoka had not found the exorcist was weighing heavily on him, so I would not burden him with what was going on with me, for I've handled it alone and can continue to.

I knew that the hunt for me was getting worse. Through the months, I'd walked outside in towm and felt eyes on me. Not the ones you'd enjoy. They were eyes of assassins who leaked bloodlust, so I knew I was in danger to a certain degree. My mother had unleashed her hounds upon the world to try to get me since my brother had failed, but I know he's still lurking out there as well, and so I'm left with no choice. If I'm left here while Chrollo fights Hisoka, I know I'll be attacked within a day. They fear Chrollo but find me weak. I have no other option but to ask Chrollo to take me with him. If I have to fight the many hounds of my mother, I will fight them where thousand of eyes can watch and where I can mangle them to show her I'm no longer afraid. While Chrollo has undergone minimal chamge, I have undergone more change than even I can understand. As much as I'd like to credit myself, I know Chrollo took part in it and that without him, I would still be running around job to job in an endless rabbit hole trying to escape my mother.

Hours passed. Day turned to night, and the sky fell dark, and with it, we went to bed. More specifically, Chrollo also slept. For the first time in weeks, the pale, raven haired man who was one of the most feared in the world slept like a mummy as he held me close. I, however, stayed awake. My dreams weren't as terrible anymore, and yet the thought of having to lie to Chrollo for my own safety kept me awake. Should I stay? Or should I run away from him the way I do everything else? It consumes me as my eyes begin to close sleepily, and minutes later, a loud alarming ringtone goes off on the nightstand next to Chrollo.

I rub my eyes and shove him, attempting to wake him from his rest, only for him to shoot awake at the 3rd sound of the ringtone. As he's answering the phone, I see the contact. Hisoka.

"Hisoka." Chrollo says as if he'd been awake for hours. Even after 4 hours of sleep, the man still sounds as if he's been awake all day. He adapts like a cat, and it makes me wonder. I hear the next part.

"Chrollo~, how lovely to hear your voice! I'd like to inform you I've found the nen exorcist and you should expect to see me at your home tommorow afternoon, don't worry about how I know your home address , jusy worry about our fight ahead. Goodbye.~" Hisoka hangs up the phone, and Chrollo removes the phone from his ear, placing it back on the nightstand.

"Well then. Noon tomorrow." I say sleepily as I roll back to my side. I can feel Chrollo still sitting up as he turns to look at me.

"What happened?" Chrollo asks me

"Hisoka called you to say -" he stops me mid sentence

"No. Y/n I want to know what's making you unsettled. You may think I don't notice, but I do. What is crossing the paths in your mind?" He asks me gently as he lays back down, slowly turning to face me and rubbing circles on my shoulder as I do to him on any day.

"It's the fucking manhunt for me.She's relentless. I know I can now stand tall to her, but I need to show her. I was going to lie." I turn to him and his hand circling my shoulder moves to my head rubbing at one of my temples. "Tell you I was leaving for a quick job and never come back, but I can't do that. I've spent too long wrapped in these bedsheets with you, tracing this room with my eyes. I can't lie to you, I love you. You know this and though I love you I'm going to ask for something that unsettles you. I want to travel with you. I already know my obligation to join the troupe, but I want to go to heaven's arena with you and lure my mother's assassins and my brother there so I can get rid of them infront of an audience to prove it. This isn't for anyone else but myself." I blurt out like a clutz who had dropped all the valuable items she had been holding in her hands.

Chrollo's face does not change. It infact cracks a small smile his grey eyes stare into mine "If you want to destroy for an audience then I will let you. I cannot restrain your power and I know you can make it to a floor where you can beat many people, I trust you. You may go with me, but if I die. My only wish is that you kill Hisoka for me and make him feel agony. " Chrollo's voice shifts from a kind soft demeanor to one that was cold like instead of a request, it was a firm order. If he died, my next goal was to kill Hisoka and tear him to shreds.

"Deal. But I doubt you're going to die. You're too stubborn." I say, smiling as I look at him. His face remains calm except for a slight smile cracked from the corner of his mouth.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next morning, we woke up once again entangled skin on skin and heart to heart. The morning sun gleamed through the off-white lace cutrains curtains, letting glimmer of light filter into the room and onto our faces.

"This Nen exorcism is gling to be excruciatingly painful," Chrollo's rings out. His voice was still slightly raspy from the morning

"Well, good morning to you too." I say sleepily, turning my head to see him. His face was melancholy. He knew it would hurt worse than getting the nen chain implanted into him, and yet he went along with it for his freedom, but it would cost the price of having to fight hisoka one on one. A bittersweet deal that could end in his death all because Hisoka gets a cruel pleasure from causing harm to most around him. So now, as the time grows closer and closer. Chrolllo Lucilfer will finally be free of the chain that kept him weak.

--------------------------------------------------------
NEW CHAPTER GUYS FOR THE FIRST TIME IM FOREVERRRRRR!

ANYWAYS  I hope you enjoyed I'm taking a new direction so prepare for some crazy stuff maybe a cliffhanger idk anyways see you Monday!

-love, nana