Episode One

"y'all are so loud" Ana groans, softly, rolling over on the gurney, having woken up to the sound of gunshots.

The medic is shocked that she's awake, having given her an epinephrine shot because she was having a severe allergic reaction to the vaccine.

"you're awake" Lucy breathes, rushing over.

"mmm" Ana hums, looking up at her best friend.

"Tim!" Lucy calls.

Tim looks up and jogs over and gets into the ambulance.

"well there you are, scared the hell out of us, cupcake" Tim says with a smile but Ana can tell that he's worried.

"you're still coming over for dinner on Saturday right?" Ana asks, softly, before glancing up at Lucy. "you should come too"

[Timeskip | Two Weeks Later]

Ana walks into the roll call room, a little later than she normally does. She startles a little when people give her a round of applause and she thanks them for sitting down.

"didn't know that they gave a round of applause just for surviving" Ana murmurs, softly, to Lucy.

"if it were up to me, you'd get a round of applause every day" Lucy smiles.

"same here" Ana giggles. "you finish those carnita leftovers yet?"

"no! your abuela made enough to feed a whole damn village" Lucy shakes her head.

Ana giggles. "you see now why Tim refused to take them?"

"yes, I get it now" Lucy grins.

Ana looks up at the board and sees four numbers: 81, 91, 94, 97. Due to the circumstances of her not getting her checklist done and the fact that she almost died, Ana was cleared to take the six month exam, so she took it a week ago. 

"All right. Shake off the rust and grab a seat. Anyone want to guess what these numbers represent? Nolan." Grey starts roll call.

"Those are the scores to our six-month exams." Nolan answers.

"That is correct, Officer Nolan." Grey nods.

"Oh! We all passed." Lucy exclaims.

"Technically, yes, but that 81 is ugly, given that an 80 is basically an F." Grey answers.

"Who got the low mark?" Angela asks.

"Clearly not West." Tim remarks, teasing Angela.

"I could tell you, but self-reflection is necessary for your success as a patrol officer. So I want your guesses, as to which score is yours by end of shift. Understood?" Grey answers.

"Why not give them now?" Jackson asks.

"To mess with our heads." Nolan answers.

"Are you saying you're so easily sabotaged, Officer Nolan?" Grey raises an eyebrow.

"No, sir, I was speaking for Officer Cabrera." Nolan grins.

"I can attest to it already messing with my head" Ana chimes in.

"Welcome back, Officer Cabrera" Grey says.

"thank you, sir, have you eaten all of the carnitas we sent you?" Ana asks, softly, smiling.

"oh my god, it takes up my entire damn fridge but they are so good" Grey shakes his head.

"Sir, will there be consequences for the officer with the low score?" Lucy asks, bringing them back on track.