Episode Eleven

Ana stays awake that night, something just feels off. Lucy and Ana promised to always text each other once they got home if they were going out. It was just a way for the two girls to keep each other safe. But Lucy never called.

Ana rolls over in bed, around 1 am, and looks at her phone again only to see nothing from Lucy. Ana sighs, debating what to do in her head before getting out of bed. When she walks into the bar with pajamas on, she gets a lot of looks, she gets even more when she pulls out her badge.

"Hi, have you see a 5'4'' twenty nine year old Asian woman around? her name's Lucy?" Ana asks the bartender.

"yeah, she was here with some white guy... um... Caleb, I think" The bartender shrugs.

"and where did they go?" Ana asks.

"home. I think your friend is getting lucky tonight" The bartender says.

Ana huffs, nodding. She sneaks all throughout the bar, checking every nook and cranny before leaving the bar.

"you're just overthinking things... again." Ana tells herself as she drives home and goes to bed. But she can't shake the sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. So the next morning, she gets dressed early and rushes to Jackson and Lucy's apartment.

"what's up, Ana?" Jackson yawns, answering the door.

"is Lucy home?" Ana asks, softly and urgently.

"no, her date went very well last night" Jackson replies.

"okay..." Ana sighs.

"what's up?" Jackson asks.

"I just-... she never texted me, she always texts me to let me know where she is at night, just like I do the same for her" Ana explains, softly. "and I went to the bar but the bartender said that she left with Caleb so maybe I'm just overthinking this entire thing... I don't know."

"well, it's Lucy, she'll show up for work, so let's go ahead and go, get our anxieties relieved as soon as possible" Jackson decides. 

[Timeskip]

"Lucy?" Ana calls through the girls locker room, looking in every stall and shower.

"what are you doing, runt?" Harper asks.

"Lucy isn't here" Ana responds, softly. "she went out with Caleb last night and she always texts me where she is at night as a safety thing but she didn't and I asked the bartender but he just said that they left together, I don't know, maybe she's just not at the station yet, but I just... something is wrong, I know it"

"come on" Harper decides, grabbing Ana by the arm and walking her over to the Sergeant who is talking with Tim. "tell him what you told me."

"Lucy didn't come home last night and she's not responding to any texts or calls" Ana explains, softly. "she always texts me where she is at night but she didn't last night"

"Okay. Did she go out with that guy? The one she met at a bar. Caleb Wright. With a "W."" Tim asks.

"yeah, she did" Ana says, softly.

"Could've ended up at his place, overslept." Grey shrugs.

"No" all of the rookies say at once.

"Lucy wouldn't just disappear like that, she knows we would worry about her" Ana starts first.

"she doesn't do one-night stands" Nolan continues.

"and she's never late" Jackson finishes.

"what do you know about this Caleb guy?" Grey asks.