Episode Three

"Today is problem day. So you know what that means." Grey announces at roll call.

"Actually, sir, I-I don't." Nolan says.

"Problem spots on your patrol route. Locations that attract crime like a felonious magnet." Grey explains.

"Businesses used as a cover for criminal activity." Tim adds.

"No-tell motels, massage parlors, dive bars." Angela lists.

"Or anywhere that ex-cons gather to plan their next adventure." Jackson finishes.

"The spots you see every day and you vow to take them down if you have the time, but we never have the time. So today we make some." Grey explains.

"Is there a problem, Smitty?" Grey asks, seeing Smitty whisper to another officer.

"Oh, no, sir. I love playing whack-a-mole." Smitty responds.

"Knock down a problem spot, it can pop back up anywhere. But that's the job, right? And since you're so excited about doing it, I think you should share your excitement with Officer West out there today." Grey decides.

"Seriously?" Both Jackson and Smitty say at the same time.

"Yeah, seriously. That means, Lopez, you're with Nolan. Okay. Happy hunting out there." Grey says, dismissing roll call.

"so... Jackson moved in with you?" Ana asks, softly.

"he did" Lucy nods as they walk out of roll call.

"how does he feel about Kojo?" Ana asks, softly.

Lucy doesn't respond.

"he doesn't like dogs?" Ana frowns.

"no, he does not" Lucy shakes her head.

"aww, poor Kojo" Ana pouts.

[Timeskip]

"What's our problem spot, sir?" Ana asks, softly, as they grab the gear.

"You'll see when we get there." Tim replies.

"So what'd you do last night?" Lucy asks.

"Gym. Dinner. Study." Tim lists.

"what'd you have for dinner?" Ana asks, softly and innocently.

"Rinse, wash, repeat." Lucy says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Tim asks, turning to Lucy and not answering Ana's question.

"Nothing. You know, it- it's just been a while since the divorce." Lucy hints at.

"You wanna jog behind the shop all day, Boot?" Tim asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No. No. No, sir. Shutting up." Lucy replies

"and I had spaghetti, cupcake" Tim says, turning to Ana, who nods.

[Timeskip]

They bring in two women who were soliciting.

"We gonna be here a while?" One of the women (Nemesis) asks.

"Yep." Tim replies as they process them.

"Then I need to arrange childcare." Nemesis says.

"Of course, you get one call once we finish processing you" Ana promises, softly.

"Thanks." Nemesis says.

They put the ladies in holding before going to do the paperwork. Well... Ana does the paperwork while Lucy talks to Tim.

"Hey. I know you're gonna say no, but - I think I can help." Lucy mentions.

"With what?" Tim asks.

"Well, you know, I know how hard it is to meet people in L.A. It's what keeps them in business." Lucy starts.