Episode Twelve

"Luce" Ana visibly relaxes in her bed when she sees her bruised best friend enter her hospital room, followed by Tim.

"you weren't kidding" Lucy remarks, seeing how Ana is indeed handcuffed to her bed.

"how are you feeling?" Ana asks, weakly.

"alright, all things considered" Lucy responds. "how are you?"

" 'm getting there" Ana replies, softly. 

"she got an infection during surgery" Tim explains, his arms crossed.

"you what?!" Lucy exclaims.

"minor infection, I'm fine." Ana says, softly, sending Tim a look who just gives her a smirk back.

"what are the doctors saying?" Lucy asks.

"a week or so before I'm discharged" Ana murmurs. 

"Ana-" Lucy exhales.

"I'd do it a thousand times again" Ana cuts her off. "I'm just glad that you're okay"

"mmhmm, but now it's time for me to take care of you" Lucy replies.

"that's really unnecessary" Ana promises, softly.

"too late, I was just discharged and I'm not leaving 'til you feel better" Lucy says, sitting down next to Ana's bedside.

Lucy starts to dote on Ana, making sure her pillow is fluffed and she has plenty of water. Ana's eyes meet Tim's, who has an amused smile on her face and she smiles back before looking away, hiding the blush on her face.

[Timeskip]

"I think you should go first" Ana decides, softly, as both Lucy and Ana debate who should go into the roll call room first.

"I think you should go first" Lucy argues.

"you were kidnapped by a serial killer, you should go first" Ana points out.

"exactly, so I should get the final say" Lucy replies.

Ana huffs, knowing that she's going to go first either way. Lucy gives her a smirk.

"you're lucky I'm easy to guilt trip" Ana says as she walks out of the locker room.

Lucy just laughs. 

When Ana walks into the roll call room, she gets a round of applause, much to her embarrassment. 

"How are you feeling, Officer Cabrera?" Grey asks.

"I'm a little hungry, to be honest" Ana replies, softly, grinning when Tim drops a donut in front of her on his way to his seat. "now I'm pleased."

"good" Grey smiles.

Lucy walks in a few minutes later and Ana makes sure to clap very loud, giggling at the look Lucy sends her. 

"Sorry, I tried." Nolan says, though he obviously didn't try at all.

"Yeah, you're dead to me." Lucy replies, clearly joking.

"Welcome back, Officer Chen. How're you feeling?

"Can't wait to get on the streets, sir. Just get back to normal." Lucy responds.

"So glad to hear that. We're gonna mix things up a bit. You're gonna be riding with Harper this week. Which means Cabrera, Nolan, you and your ride-along are with Bradford." Grey announces.

"Sorry, wait. What? Ride-along?" Tim asks, but Grey just moves on.

"Which brings us to Officer West. Tell me, son, you enjoy the red carpet last night?" Grey asks.