Episode Fifteen

{Author note at bottom, pretty please read. GIF wouldn't work for some reason and I got impatient, so this is an Ana de Armas gif}

"All units, be on the lookout for eight prostitutes in lingerie, fighting near Park La Brea." Dispatch says over the radio.

"At 10:00 a.m.?" Ana asks, softly.

"Yeah, you know, sometimes you just got to get it in." Harper shrugs.

"are we gonna to answer it?" Ana questions.

"Hell no. Those ladies will take an eye out." Harper says making Ana giggle.

"Knit cap, 2 o'clock" Ana observes, seeing a man with a gun.

"Call it in." Harper instructs while parking next to the liquor stoor.

"Control, 7-Adam-15. 211 in progress, Circus Liquor, requesting backup." Ana says over the radio before they get out of the shop.

"Drop the gun!" Harper yells.

"LAPD!" Ana exclaims, taking out her own gun.

"Don't shoot! It-- It's just a movie! No, don't -- don't look at camera. This is great production value." The director says, making both Ana and Harper look at him.

"What the..." Harper requests.

"Okay, arrest him like it's real. Oh, no! Uh, tase him." The director instructs while Ana cuffs him.

"What?" Ana asks, confused.

"Make it really hurt." The director continues.

"Fake gun, ma'am." Ana sighs, inspecting the gun.

"Of course it is. I'm a film major. This is my thesis project." The director explains.

"Okay, well, you almost got your actor killed. Do you have a permit to film here, one that would have notified law enforcement of your use of prop firearms?" Harper interrogates.

"No, I...I'm just a student." The director stutters out, now scared.

"Well you've just committed a misdemeanor that can be a year in jail or up to a 10,000 dollar fine, can I see your drivers license?" Ana asks, softly.

"Beaver." Ana frowns.

"What kind of weird-ass movie is this?" Harper curses.

[Timeskip]

"¿No crees que estás siendo un poco dura?" Carmen asks while making breakfast. (Don't you think you're being a little harsh?)

"Abuela, te adoro a ti y a mis otros abuelos y te agradezco todos los años que me protegiste y las veces que me salvaste la vida. Pero no puedo seguir haciendo esto. No puedo seguir permitiendo que la abuela Esmeralda traiga hombres a casa a mitad del día. No puedo permitir que esté borracha al mediodía. No es seguro ni saludable y hasta que ella se disculpe por ser tan grosera con Moose y conmigo, que solo estábamos tratando de protegerla, no hablaré con ella." Ana sighs, getting ready for work. (Abuela, I adore you and my other grandparents and I'm thankful for all of the years that you protected me and the times you saved my life. But I can't keep doing this. I can't keep allowing Abuela Esmerelda to bring men home in the middle of the day. I can't allow her to be drunk at noon. It's not safe or healthy and until she apologizes for being so rude to Moose and to me, who were just trying to protect her, then I won't talk to her.)

"Lo entiendo, cariño, pero no puedes tomar decisiones por ella." Carmen replies. (I understand, baby, but you can't make choices for her.)

"Tienes razón, no puedo. Pero puedo restringir sus opciones." Ana says, playing with the house key. She usually leaves one copy of the key at the house and the other she carries with her, but now she's given the other copy to Tim.