Chapter 16: An Exchange of Having Moved On

6:00 in the morning, Detective Nevio and Inspector Haris hurriedly walked across the academy grounds towards the building, their footsteps echoing against the stone walls. The atmosphere was heavy with the weight of the unsolved mystery that loomed over them.

Detective Nevio, with a sense of urgency, glanced at Inspector Haris as they strode along the path. "Inspector, the deaths of Trigor Mori and Tauro Comia are perplexing. Stabbed with a dagger, yet there are also traces of claw marks on their chests. It's as if they were attacked by two assailants simultaneously."

Inspector Haris nodded, adjusting his coat as they continue walking. "Indeed, Nevio. And with no leads in sight, it's crucial that we gather more information. That's why I've called upon the seven most skilled students of this academy. Their expertise in missions and quests might provide us with valuable insights."

"But Inspector, I can't shake this feeling that we're missing something crucial by letting Yvaine slip through our fingers," sabi ni Detective Nevio na may halong pag-aalala sa boses.

Tumingala si Inspector Haris, seryoso ang ekspresyon. "Nevio, I understand your concern, but we have to trust the evidence we have. Yvaine Jazler was seen by multiple witnesses at the time of Trigor Mori's death. She couldn't have been in two places at once."

Detective Nevio sighed, running a hand through his hair in frustration. "Pero paano kung may kasabwat siya? Isang taong maaaring humalili sa kanya habang isinasagawa niya ang pagpatay?"

"It's a possibility. But without concrete evidence linking Yvaine to the crime, we can't pursue her as a suspect. We have to focus on other leads if we want to solve this case." Anang inspector.

Nag-aatubili, tumango si Detective Nevio, nagugulo pa rin ang kanyang isipan sa mga nag-aalinlangang pagdududa. "You're right, Inspector. We'll have to redouble our efforts elsewhere. But mark my words, there's more to Yvaine Jazler than meets the eye."

Detective Nevio and Inspector Haris arrived at the crime scene in the training room, greeted by a flurry of activity. Scouts and sentinels from the academy, along with their own team, were already hard at work, examining the area for clues. The body of Tauro Comia had been removed, leaving behind only traces of blood as grim reminders of the murder. Lumapit sa kanila ang isa sa kanilang mga sariling detective, isang batikang imbestigador na may seryosong ekspresyon.

"Inspectors, mayroon po kayong dapat malaman," the detective began, drawing Nevio and Haris closer to share the revelation.

Duon ay nagusap ang mga ito sa napakahalagang impormasyong nalaman ng isa sa mga detective. Makikita ang pagseryoso ng ekspresyon ng dalawa na tila napakalaking bagay ang nadiskubre nila.

"Nevio, inform everyone for a preparation. We are going to catch the suspect in the act." Seryosong wika ng inspector.

"Yes, inspector!" Tugon naman ng binatang detective at umalis sa pinangyarihan ng krimen.

AS YVAINE sat in the quiet corner of the library, surrounded by towering shelves of books, her mind wandered far from the pages in front of her. Lost in thought, she barely noticed the soft footsteps approaching her. They were allowed to go on public places so she decided to find some books to read. Suddenly, a voice broke the silence, causing her to jump slightly in her seat.

"Hey,"

Startled, Yvaine looked up to see Paisley Bluise standing before her. Despite not being particularly close, Yvaine recognized Paisley immediately.