Chapter 18: Caught In the Act

Kumakapal ang tensyon na mayroon ang training room. The air is heavy with the echoes of past grievances. Kyril’s gaze darted between Yvaine and Xaica, her heart pounding in her chest as she struggled to find the right course of action. She wanna continue, she was sure.

“Kyril,” Yvaine said softly. Walang depensa sa kaniyang mga salita dahil ayaw niyang maramdaman ni Kyril na isa siyang babala. “Hindi mo na kailangang mamili. Pahihirapan ka lamang lalo at sasaktan ng paghihigante. The cycle of hatred ends here, if you have the will to break it.”

Kyril’s heart raced more as she considered her options, the weight of the decision heavy on her shoulders. Could she truly let go of her thirst for vengeance? Could she find the strength to forge a new path and let go of the past?

Yvaine and Xaica watched her, their expressions a mix of fear, hesitation and nervousness. Hindi lingid sa kalaaman ni Kyril na dapat siyang pumili, ngunit ang isiping kailangan niyang pakawalan at tigilang pagbayarin ang mga pumatay sa lolo niya ay tunay ng napakahirap dalhin.

Nawala ang kaniyang atensyon nang maramdamang may mga paparating at marinig ang napakaraming yabag mula sa mga ito. The a group of powerful figures surrounded her in the training room. She felt the weight of her decision more heavier, the temptation to flee overwhelming.

Nang lumakad si Inspector Harris palapit na siyang nagpabuo ng desisyon ni Kyril at mapatingin sa malaking pinto ng training room. Without a moment’s hesitation, she turned and bolted towards the exit, her feet pounding against the floor.

Yvaine and Xaica watched in stunned silence as Kyril made her desperate bid for escape. The sentinels reacted swiftly, their movements blurring as they moved to intercept her.

Ibinigay ni Kyril ang buo niyang lakas upang makatakbo paalis habang ang mga binti at braso niya ay nababalutan pa rin ng mga balahibo ng lobo. She could hear the thundering footsteps of her pursuers behind her, the sound fueling her adrenaline-fueled sprint.

Nang malapit na siya sa pinto, gumulo ang kaniyang isipan, hinahanap ang kahit na anong posibleng takasan dahil sa mga nakaharang na sentinels at humahabol na tauhan ni Inspector Harris.

Tumalon siya ng mataas at bumagsak sa likod ng mga sentinels. Kyril’s fingers grasped the doorknob, her heart pounding in her ears. She knew that if she was caught, the consequences would be severe and she won't be able to continue her vengeance.

Sa pagbuhos ng buo niyang lakas, sinipa niya ang pinto dahilan upang matanggal ito sa pagkakadikit sa pader at matumbahan ang mga nakaharang dito na mga sentinels mula sa hallway na nasa labas. She landed on the floor of the hallway in her four werewolf feet, her fangs grew even more. She didn’t dare look back, her sole focus on putting as much distance between herself and her pursuers as possible.

The sound of shouting and the pounding of footsteps echoed behind her, but Kyril refused to slow down. She had to escape, to find a way to confront her past on her own terms, without the looming threat of imprisonment.

Mabilis ang tibok ng kaniyang puso nang maabutan siya ng mga sentinels at anim na myembro ni Inspector Harris. They pinned her to the ground. She struggled against their iron grip, clawing and thrashing, but their hold was unyielding. Just as Kyril was about to fully use her werewolf strength, a familiar voice rang out, cutting through the chaos.

“Let her go!” Yvaine shouted, her voice commanding and authoritative, one of the ability of being a tiger shapeshipter.

The sentinels and men hesitated, their grip on Kyril loosening momentarily as they turned to face Yvaine. Seizing the opportunity, Kyril surged with renewed energy, trying to break free.