Chapter 19: Things will happen and happen

Alas-sais trenta ng umaga, ipinatawag si Satashi sa opisina ng headmaster, ngayon kaharap na niya ito. Her face maintaining its usual cold and expressionless demeanor while standing in front of him. The air is heavy with tension as the headmaster delivers the bad news, his serious gaze fixed upon Satashi's eyes.

"Satashi, I regret to inform you that your roommates and friends will no longer be joining you in the dormitory." Anang headmaster na tila ay tinatantya ang mga sasabihin at magiging reaksyon ni Satashi.

Satashi's features remain stoic, her eyes meeting the headmaster's with an unwavering gaze. Behind her icy facade, a flicker of something hidden stirs, a subtle recognition and sadness that can only be detected by the most perceptive observer.

"I see. And what of the reasons behind Yvaine's decision?" Kalmado niyang tugon dito na walang mababakas na kahit anong pagkagulat sa nalaman. May naiisip nanrin siyang dahilan pero magtataka ang headmaster kung hindi siya magtatanong.

Headmaster Skargo pauses, his eyes searching for any signs of emotion in Satashi's expression. He detects a fleeting moment of realization and sorrow, but it swiftly disappears, buried beneath her cold exterior.

"Yvaine Jazler has chosen to discontinue her studies. As for Kyril, I regret to inform you that she took her own life within the prison walls last night." Seryoso ang mukha ng headmaster na tila pinapatatag ang sarili kahit na puno ng pagkadismaya dahil dalawang istudyante ang nawala sa kaniya. May lungkot dahil kailangan umabot sa pagkamatay.

Satashi's gaze remains steady, her voice devoid of any visible emotion. "I understand. Thank you for informing me, Headmaster."

Headmaster Skargo studies Satashi's composed face, searching for any cracks in her facade. He senses the depth of her hidden emotions, the weight of loss she carries within, but it remains concealed.

Suddenly, an image of a little girl appears beside her. Nakikita ito ng punong guro at ang naruon ay tila pinabatang bersyon ni Satashi. Nakasuot ito ng isang puting plain na bistida at walang sapin sa paa. May yakap itong teddy bear na maliit lamang sa kaniya ng kaunti. Umiiyak ang Satashi na ito ng tahimik habang pinupunasan ang mga mata.

Halos makagat niya ang labi niya habang iniisip ang reaksyon ng batang Satashi pagnarinig nito ang balita. Punong-puno ng kainosentehan at umaapaw sa emosyon ang bata. Gusto niya malaman kung paano ito nahantong sa ganun. Gusto niyang malaman ang buong pangyayari kaya patuloy siyang nagi-imbestiga.

"Satashi, if you ever need someone to talk to or support during this difficult time, please don't hesitate to reach out. I-I....I..... We are here for you." Malambot at mahinahong wika nito.

Satashi inclines her head slightly, acknowledging the headmaster's words, her eyes betraying a hint of gratitude that quickly vanishes. "I appreciate your concern, Headmaster. I will manage."

As Satashi exits the headmaster's office, her expression remains unchanged, her emotions guarded. The disappointment and sadness she carries within her are hidden beneath layers of detachment.

Habang naglalakad si Satashi sa pasilyo, mararamdaman sa hangin ang bigat ng paligid. The usually bustling hallways now feel eerily quiet, as if the weight of the recent events has cast a somber spell over the entire campus. Students and teachers huddle in small groups, their voices hushed as they discuss the tragic murders that have taken place within the training rooms.

Satashi enters her classroom, her expression remaining unchanged, but her senses attuned to the whispers that fill the room. Nagpalitan ng tingin ang mga kaklase niya at bumubulong, ang mga boses nila ay puno ng kyuryosidad, takot, at hindi makapaniwala.