1 - Rose

Some people dream of being a prince or princess, some even dream of knowing a Prince or princess. Girls dream of marrying a Prince. Once Prince every girl wants to marry is Prince Sebastian, with his soft brown hair and his stunning blue eyes, a smile that lights up the room.

I don't have to dream any of that as I am a princess. Princess Rose of Austria, and Prince Sebastian is my friend. Our mother's were friends, we spent time together. Prince Sebastian and his parents have a cottage within the grounds of my home.

Prince Sebastian and I never called each other by our names, we used our nicknames. He was my charming and I was his bluebird. We visited each other for our birthdays, for his I went to him and for mine he came here, at Christmas we alternated one year here one year with him.

'I love you bluebird' seb says smiling as we lay cuddling in my bed. 'I love you too charming' I smile back. He always knew how to make me smile.

I remember the day mum died, I had come in from riding lessons. Another thing seb an I enjoyed, going riding together he even had a horse here. My uncle was sat on the stairs, 'uncle?' I asked. As he has tears in his eyes 'Rosie' he cries  'what's wrong uncle?' I ask 'I'm sorry Rose, it's your mum' he says 'whats do you mean?' I ask 'rosie' I see dad walking down the stairs sitting beside uncle. 'Rosie, I'm sorry but mum's died' he says 'no' I cry running up to my room.

I haven't left my room, I don't eat or drink. I didn't say goodbye or that I loved her for one last time. There's a knock on my door, I hear it open quietly 'Bluebird?' A soft voice says, seb.  'Charming?' I ask rolling over, 'please don't cry bluebird' he smiles. 'Can I sit?' He asks 'you do know you don't have to ask charming' I smile 'I know bluebird' seb smiles pulling me close 'I'm sorry to hear about your mum blue' he adds 'I miss her' I cry 'I know blue, I'm here for you.' Seb says kissing my forehead. 'Let's get some food and go riding'

Wrapping his arm around my waist we walk downstairs where dad, uncle and Auntie ( sebs mum) were all sat talking. Hearing us walk down they turn to face us 'I'm sorry papa' I cry running to him 'its okay Rosie. Mama loved you so very much' dad says hugging me, I see him looking at seb 'Sebastian, Lily loved you so much too, she could also see how much you care for Rose'.

When the funeral came round I was stood in my room trying to do the zip of my black dress up, 'need help blue?' I look up in the mirror to see seb 'yes please Charming' I smile slightly 'I'll be with you blue. I'll be by your side always' he smiles 'always?' I ask 'always' he smiles 'thank you charming, I love you' I reply hugging him 'I love you too Blue'. Seb walks me down to meet the others where the cars where waiting, uncle and Auntie shared a car with Seb with dad and myself 'I'm with you blue' he smiles holding my hand. On the way to the church people lined the streets, on arriving at church dad gets out first followed by seb 'I'm with you bluebird' he smiles holding out his hand for me to take. Taking his hand I climb out of the car before we walk behind dad into the church. After the service we headed back home, seb and I sat on our sofa in the livingroom he had his arm around me holding me close 'she so proud of you blue' seb smiles.

I'm 13. 'Happy Birthday Blue' sitting up in bed I see Seb carrying in a tray 'charming?' I ask 'i wanted to suprise my princess with breakfast I bed on her birthday' he smiles bringing over the tray. On the tray was pastries and fruits, 2 glasses of orange juice 'this looks delicious charming' I smile. Seb places the tray down in front of me before climbing back in bed. 'Enjoy Blue' he smiles 'thank you charming, I love you' I smile. 'I love you to, my little Bluebird' he smiles leaving in to kiss me. That evening dad and uncle had organised a ball, I was in my room changing into my light blue ball gown, seb was in the guest room opposite also getting ready. Auntie was helping me get ready, 'you look so beautiful Rose' she smiles 'Sebastian loves you so much' she adds. 'I love him too auntie, he's my whole world.' I tell her 'I'd love to spend forever and the rest of my life with him' I confessed 'I feel like he's the one for me, I'm not sure he feels the same' I add. 'Rose. Seb loves you. Your mum, dad, uncle and I can all see how much he loves and cares for you. He always has even when you were young. That's why we didn't mind you sharing a room.'  She smiles. 'I'll see you downstairs' Auntie smiles before leaving to get ready herself.

Soon there was a knock on the door, opening it I see seb stood there smiles 'wow Blue, you look stunning' he smiles. 'This is for you' he smiles passing me a parcel. 'Come on in Char' I smile. Walking in seb pushes the door closed, we sit down on the sofa in my room, opening the parcel I see a beautiful necklace  'wow charming it's beautiful' I smile 'thank you' 'just like you Blue' seb smiles. 'Will you put it on me?' I ask 'I'd be honoured Blue' he smiles. Standing up seb moves behind me placing the necklace on. 'Shall we doll?' He asks holding out his hand 'we shall' I smile. Linking arms we walk down to the ball room.

'Their Royal Highnesses Princess Rose and Prince Sebastian'. Trumpets sound as the doors open, we walk onto the balcony looking down towards everyone where they begin singing happy birthday. 'May I have this dance?' Seb asks as we reach the center of the ball room, 'always Char' I smile curtseying to him, he bows in reply to me. Smiling we begin to dance, 'you dance amazing Char' I smile 'well I have an amazing partner Blue' he smiles.

'I love you blue' Seb smiles as we lay in bed cuddling, 'I love you too Char.' I smile.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Wake up and make my breakfast!' Shouts cora as she throws a bucket of water over me. 'Go away' I shout pushing her away 'mother cinders won't make my breakfast' she cries out. I hear her steps aproach 'you do as you are ordered scum' she shouts kicking me 'and for that no food' 'yes stepmother' I reply. She's not really my step mother, I'm more like their slave. Her and her daughters Cora and Sam 'you need to go get coras and Sam's dresses. Prince Sebastian is coming and they need to impress him if they are to marry him'. 'Fine' I groan, she kicks me 'yes master' I reply 'better'. I make the breakfast before picking up the order slip for their dress.

I look at myself in a broken mirror how my life changed after the incident with my dad and I 19 years ago. They believed I died along side my father, I got taken in Mary where I had lost my memory, I couldn't remember anything. I don't even know if they knew my true identity.

Walking to the dress shop I pick up the dresses, it felt like someone was watching me. As I walk out the shop I spot someone across the road sat outside a cafe, Seb.