Chapter 2 - The Chaos Ensues...

A group of boys walked up to him with smug grins on their faces. Xander looked up at them warily, but waved with a smile. "Do you guys need something?" he piped up. The guys didn't say anything, and started beating him up bloody. He was crying almost instantly and blood was flying everywhere. The concert dead stopped. Tyler jumped off the stage himself and pushed the guys away from Xander. "WHAT DO YOU IDIOTS THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" he screamed, protectively standing over Xander. Josh Dun jumped down as well and crouched in front of the boy on the ground, worry spreading on his face as Tyler argued with the boys that assaulted him. Josh brushed Xander's hair from his face, his voice gentle and concerned. "Are you okay...? Well, evidently not, but.. do you want me to guide you backstage so we can get you medical attention?" Xander nodded weakly and tried to stand up, but failed miserably with a soft cry of pain. Josh helped Xander up and hoisted him onto the stage, taking the microphone with his arm over Xander's shoulders. "Alright listen up folks! We have to take a bit of time to help a young boy here that just got rudely assaulted. Please be patient! Go get some refreshments and maybe some merchandise! We'll be back as soon as we can!" Tyler followed suit onto the stage, after having security escort the group out of the venue. Both band members helped Xander backstage, as the boy woozily groaned in pain.

Once backstage, a group of medical professionals analyzed Xander's wounds and patched him up. His broken nose was snapped into place and a splint was placed over it. Josh sat next to Xander and rubbed his shoulder gently, trying to soothe the crying boy. "I'm sorry they were so rude. Did you know those boys?" Xander looked up at Josh in tears, his voice shaky and broken. "N-No... they saw my trans pins and full-on assaulted me... they called me slurs and names..." Tyler and Josh exchanged looks of shock and anger. Tyler spoke up, "Dear god, I'm so sorry kid. Here, I have an idea." He walked off to grab something, and came back, holding a bass guitar. "Do you know how to play?" Xander's eyes lit up and he nodded excitedly. "I learned all your songs on bass!! I play along all the time. Well.. used to..." He sighed quietly as he eyed up the shiny black bass guitar. Josh looked down at him worriedly. "Used to...? Do you just not have the guitar anymore or...?" Xander sighed again. "My parents kicked me out... I've been sleeping in my car. It's a Miata, I barely have space to breathe in that car. I barely have anything to my name. Everything is in suitcases in my trunk." Both Tyler and Josh's hearts sank at that story. Josh teared up a little, and Tyler spoke up. "Wait... you don't have a place to live? How old are you? How long have you been homeless?" Xander raised his head to Tyler. "I just turned 18 back in February. I've been on the streets since I was 16. They legally disowned me and put a restraining order on me." Josh gasped quietly, tears running down his face slowly. Tyler's voice grew more compassionate and gentle. "Well, how about this? You come play onstage with us for this entire concert, and you can tag along with us for our tour! We're more than happy to accomodate you." Josh spoke up right after, "Gladly! What's your name by the way?"