Chapter 4 - A New Lifestyle!

Once they all got settled, Tyler sat on his bed with a smile. Josh spoke up, sitting next to Xander on the other bed. "So, we didn't expect this to happen, so you will end up having to share a bed with one of us, if that's okay. I will say though, I have a habit of cuddling in my sleep." He chuckled softly and put a hand on Xander's shoulder. Tyler laughed to himself as he piped up. "I tend to kick in my sleep. I still don't sleep in one position." Xander chuckled quietly and smiled, before his expression darkened. "I have a really bad nightmare disorder, so I tend to cry in my sleep... I wouldn't mind a cuddler though." He nudged Josh playfully, making them all laugh. "Alright then it's settled! You'll sleep with me. I hope the cuddles help your nightmares." They all headed out to get dinner from a nearby restaurant, taking photos with other customers and employees. The manager even came out and spoke to them, getting a photo to go on the social media page for the company. Xander wasn't used to this kind of popularity, but he was enjoying it. After dinner, they went back to the bus. The driver started the drive to their next destination, and Tyler and Josh laid in their designated beds with soft groans of comfort. Josh patted the bed next to him for Xander. "Come lay down buddy, you deserve rest. You've had a rough life, I can tell. Especially a rough and overwhelming day today." Xander nodded with a smile and laid down in the bed, curling up to be as small as possible, taking up very little room. It was a sobering, depressing sight. It's like he was always told to take up as little space as possible. Both Tyler and Josh exchanged worried glances. Josh pulled Xander into a warm embrace, and Tyler walked over and gently rubbed Xander's shoulder. "Listen, buddy, I know, this is a lot of change. You'll get used to it. I don't know much about what your life was like, and you can open up as you feel comfortable. We're just happy to be able to protect you." Tyler's words made Xander completely fall apart from his happy facade, and he broke down in quiet sobs. Josh froze up for a second from shock before pulling Xander into his chest worriedly, looking up at Tyler. "He had to have it rough with his family for him to break down like this... I've never seen anyone cry this painfully over such sweet words." Tyler nodded in agreement and sat down on the bed, running a hand through Xander's hair softly. "You can open up to us when you're ready, Xander. For now, just let your emotions out. We're here for you, and from now on, we always will be." Xander nodded weakly as he cried, continuing to fall apart until he ultimately fell asleep, with tears streaming down his face. Tyler got up and went to his bed, laying down with a worried sigh. Josh wiped Xander's tears and held him close as he started to doze off, protecting the small boy at all costs.

The next morning, Xander woke up with a slight jolt, but looked around first. He saw Josh's sleeping face and he smiled weakly. "I'm finally safe..." he whispered, melting into Josh's embrace. Tyler was awake and sitting on the edge of his bed. He looked at Xander and smiled softly, getting up and rubbing his hair. "Good morning sport... Did you sleep well?" Xander nodded with a smile, not wanting to get up and wake Josh. He looked up at Tyler. "Can you get my water bottle? I don't wanna wake him." "Aw kiddo, he's gotta wake up anyway. Plus, he's a heavy sleeper." Xander nodded and slowly got up. Josh stirred slightly but went back to sleep. With that, Tyler jumped on the bed and playfully started shaking Josh by the shoulders, like brothers would. Xander watched while laughing as Josh woke up confused and laughing. "WOAH WOAH WOAH!!! I'M UP I'M UP!!!" "GOOD! It's breakfast time!" Xander was laughing with his hands on his knees, bent forward as he drank his water. Josh sat up and rubbed his eyes, fixing his hair and yawning. The three of them got off the stopped bus at a Cracker Barrel, going in to eat. Tyler and Josh were immediately recognized, but the hostess on duty looked at Xander and questioned, "Who's this little twerp? Trying to get in with the band?" Josh seemed pretty pissed off at this, pulling Xander under his arm protectively. "No, he's with us." The hostess quickly looked apologetic and grabbed menus and silverware, leading them to a table. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know." Xander chuckled weakly, feeling a little uneasy at that. Tyler ruffled his hair with a small, reassuring smile. "Don't stress it kiddo, it'll be alright. Do you wanna sit with me or Josh?" Xander looked between them indecisively, stressing slightly. Tyler noticed this and just gently hoisted the small boy up, setting him on a seat by the wall, next to him. "Boom. Decision made." Josh chuckled and started looking at a menu.

When the waitress came over, they all ordered their drinks and food with ease. Xander didn't get a big meal, just a kid's breakfast, which concerned both Josh and Tyler. They know he hasn't eaten much based on his size. They didn't say anything, though, as it would send him into a panic. Their food arrived and Xander slowly ate, compared to Tyler and Josh shoveling their food down hungrily. He ate maybe a third of his plate and shoved it away, curling up in his seat. It was loud in the restaurant, he was covering his ears and tearing up. Tyler reached over and put an arm around Xander's shoulders. "Hey, buddy, can you hear me?" Xander nodded, so Tyler kept speaking to him gently. "Listen, I know it's loud... we're almost out of here. Try to eat a little more for me? Please? I'm worried about you kiddo..." Xander slowly shook his head at eating more, looking sick. Tyler sighed and picked Xander up, carrying the bill to pay it. Josh left a big tip and a signature from both himself and Tyler, along with a photo of the trio. They all left back for the bus and got on, both band members worrying about the frail boy. Tyler laid Xander on the bed and watched as he curled up, hyperventilating and shaking. Josh looked at Tyler and held his hand up, as if to say "Let me handle this". Tyler stepped back and watched as Josh sat next to Xander, pulling him into his own lap and hugging him close. Xander calmed down pretty quickly, nestling in the warm embrace with a soft sigh. "There you go bud... calm down... we're here for you. From now, forever, and always." Josh spoke in a soft voice, gently running his hand through Xander's hair as he did. Xander smiled and mumbled incoherently, but happily. Both Tyler and Josh chuckled softly. Tyler went to sit down in the lounge area, while Josh held Xander close until he was completely calm.