Chapter 3 - A Part of the Band??

The way Xander's eyes lit up, you'd think you just gave him a mansion for free. "My name is Xander, I've been playing bass since I was 10. I'd be more than happy to join you guys onstage." His hazel eyes sparkled as he looked between them both. Tyler nodded to Josh, and they both smiled, leading Xander back to the stage. Xander now held the shiny black bass guitar. Tyler grabbed the microphone and eyed the crowd. "Alright Pittsburgh!! We have a slight change to our crew here! Please warmly welcome Xander! He's going to be playing bass for us tonight and joining us on tour!" Xander waved shyly as the entire crowd erupted in chaotic noise. Half of them were cheering, half of them were booing him for being trans and shouting slurs. This made Josh absolutely pissed off, and he grabbed a second microphone from someone on the stage crew. "Listen up! Those of you who cheered for my buddy Xan here, thank you for your open kindness and support for the boy! He just got physically assaulted by a group of guys for being trans. Those of you who started shouting slurs and names?! You might as well leave! Twenty One Pilots is about supporting and loving one another as they are!" Tyler looked at Josh and nodded approvingly with a small smile. "Ayo, Dun's right! If you can't support a boy who didn't identify with the gender he was born as, then you can just get out! We support one another here! Xander is a sweet boy, he deserves love! So we're switching up our set list a bit and opening with Trapdoor!!" Tyler cued Josh and Xander to start playing, to which they did. Xander was very skilled as he played, which shocked everyone in the audience and onstage. Josh kept glancing at Xander with a grin of pride.

Once the concert was over, all three of them thanked the crowd, bowed, and left the stage. Tyler approached Xander and pulled him in a gentle, yet firm embrace. "You deserve so much better, Xan. I promise, we're going to give that to you. Josh and I are taking you with us on tour! We have a car trailer hookup for the tour bus, so bring your Miata around the back and we'll hook it up." Xander was in tears of pure joy as he nodded, digging his car keys from his bag and rushing to pull his car around.

He beeped at the bus, to which Josh poked his head out and chuckled at the little car. Xander flipped the headlights a few times. It was a cute little car, with LED lights around the outside on the bottom, and around the interior flooring. The LEDs were red. Tyler gestured for Xander to slowly drive the car onto the trailer, and he did so with ease. They chained it down and he put his keys back in his bag. "You can bring your suitcases onto the bus. If there's too many, I can help!" Xander grinned as he grabbed a suitcase from the trunk. There were 3 others in the small space. Tyler grabbed two, and Josh ran out and grabbed the last one, closing the trunk as he did. Xander locked the car and lugged his suitcase onto the tour bus.