act 7 - cognizance

﹥FANFICTION PLOT WRITTEN BY

lucidwaterlily

﹥THE SONG "SCALE BLASTER" IS WRITTEN

BY YUNOSUKE AND GYUUNIKU.

THE COVER OF THE SONG IS SUNG BY HATSUNE MIKU.

﹥THE SONG "ACTOR REACTOR"

IS WRITTEN BY HEAVENZ.

THE COVER OF THE SONG IS SUNG BY MEGATERA ZERO.

♫ OPENING SONG ♫

(1.15 speed recommended)

It was morning of the second day of the Fortune Cup.

At the Tops, Yusei left Lua's and Luca's apartment via elevator. He arrived at the main lobby and took a turn to the parking lot. When he entered the parking lot, he found that somebody was inspecting an ice blue sports bike. He walked closer to discover that mentioned somebody was none other than Utage.

Yusei started, "Utage-san? What are you doing here?"

"Checking on my ride," the silver-haired male answered.

The royal blue-eyed duelist took a gander at Utage's vehicle. The design of the sports bike was more advanced than an average sports bike. The surface was polished, and the tires had sufficient amount of air. He commented, "It looks like a D-Wheel."

"Which is not, genius," noted Utage.

Yusei glanced down at the silver-haired man's knee, "How is your knee?"

The latter smiled as he lightly moved his knee, "It's recovered. If it hadn't been handled properly, it would've taken a little longer to heal."

"That's nice. Just be careful, next time," the former reminded.

"I will," Utage nodded.

The tall man noticed that there was an odd glint within Yusei's eyes. Utage questioned, "Hey. Are you okay? It seems like something is on your mind."

The hero tried to assure, "I'm fine."

The lavender-eyed man wasn't convinced, "Liar. If you were okay, you wouldn't be on edge right now."

Yusei became confused, "I was on edge?"

Utage was surprised, "Hold it. Have you ever felt on edge before?"

The protagonist rubbed the back of his own neck, "Not really."

"Well, is there one moment you don't feel that way, or at least, you think you don't?"