CONCLUSION

RECAP OF VOLUME 3

Flashback to two days ago, Utage Inouye found (Reader) Sekiguchi's unconscious, beaten body. He was about to call Security on her until he discovered that she kept a silver, heart-shaped locket necklace which had a photo of her and Riyuka Domen. He was left with an ultimatum, which resulted in him taking (Reader) to his apartment for shelter.

Flash-forward to two days later, Utage was in his apartment to recover his left knee from the incident at the duel fields within the Daimon Area. During his recovery, he was called by Riona, but he refused and texted her that he needed space. To relieve his stress, he left his apartment to go outside. Outside Saiga's apartment, the lavender-eyed male was found by (Reader) and the two bantered. When they returned, Yusei Fudo became jealous again of the male Inouye for his closeness with their female companion.

Once Utage left, (Reader) and Yusei left, so they would go to the Duel Stadium for the Duel of the Fortune Cup. There, they met up with Jin Himuro, Tenzen Yanagi, Lua who was in disguise as Luca, the mentioned twin sister who wore different clothes, and Tenpei. After the protagonist left with the disguised male pre-teen, the outlander hinted the teal-haired man about the tournament being a setup.

After the opening ceremony came the first matchup of the first round. Despite being able to land a hit on his opponent's monster, Lua lost to Bommer, one of Rex Godwin's duelist assassins to hunt down possible Signers. Before the second matchup started, (Reader), Yusei, Tenpei, and the pre-teen twin siblings (who changed back to their usual clothes) met Aki Izayoi, a spiteful duelist who did not look anyone's way, except for the protagonist.

In the second match, Aki overpowered the arrogant duelist assassin Jill deLauncebeaux and defeated him. During the duel, she summoned Black Rose Dragon, the same dragon monster who attacked the Daimon Area. Thus, she revealed herself to be the Black Rose Witch.

Before the third match, Jin spoke his suspicions about (Reader) to the woman herself. She did not deny them; not only that, she told him the truth of the tournament. At the same time, Yeager tasked Shira, another duelist assassin of Godwin's, to defeat Yusei. Unfortunately, the said duelist assassin was ambushed by Mukuro Enjo, who desired to fight his way to face the King Jack Atlas.

In the third match, Yusei managed to win against Mukuro Enjo, despite being at a disadvantage. After that, (Reader) and Jin told Yanagi the truth. The outlander decided that she wouldn't tell the protagonist about the tournament being a setup, for she wanted him to find out himself.

Onward to the fourth match, the reluctant Luca faced Professor Frank, a duelist assassin who gave ominous vibes toward the young girl and her twin brother. The latter hypnotized the former into the Duel Monsters Spirit World. At the same time, Lua was lost in a trance, resulting him to become unconscious. As the duel progressed, Professor Frank was dragged into the Spirit World due to Luca's Mark of the Dragon. Yusei rushed to her aid after the duel was over, and Lua woke up in the infirmary. 

When (Reader) saw the protagonist carry Luca to safety, the outlander was reminded of a memory with Riyuka, intensifying the female's homesickness. Yanagi became worried of the outlander female's sudden change in demeanor and early departure from the Duel Stadium.

With Utage, he relaxed at home to recover his knee. That was until he was called by Keito, Riona's paramour. The silver-haired man and the flower shop employee discuss about Utage's eventual divorce with his wife and the fact that their marriage was arranged. After, he gave the money to the side-guy, so that the latter male and the cheating wife would head back to the City. Keito dropped off Riona and broke up with her, for he had realized that he took Utage's position of his wife's mental and emotional abuse. Heartbroken, she returned to her husband and begged for forgiveness toward her infidelity.