Chapter 2

Seithra woke up in a sudden shock, as she looked around. A groan escaped her lips, and when she hold her forehead, she could feel the texture of bandages wrapped around it. Damn, time flew so fast and she could not still even proceed to think what had happened.

A nurse went inside her room and did the stuff that nurse should do. She was told that her injuries were not really deep, but she needed to rest for a few days due to her dad's order. What kind of order was that? It was unacceptable for her, but she refused those thoughts as she thought that her dad might be concerned about her health.

The girl with long-black hair then wandered around the hospital, feeling curious as she never entered any public hospital like this before. A soft mumble escaped her lips, a tiny bit of regret had her. If she rode the school bus, things could have be different..

It was later when she saw someone that captured her eyes. A guy with gray eyes and medium length brown hair, a combination that was irregular for her to land her sight at. He came from the room 144, next to hers, 143. Seithra gazed him in a way she also would never understood how, so when the guy noticed her stare, he immediately rolled his wheelchair with his arms away.

There, on his lap, Seithra saw a sketchbook. 'That guy must be good at drawing.' She whispered to herself.

It had been 3 days since she was hospitalised there, and Seithra's secret routine was eyeing the man on his wheelchair. She wondered why was he got a lot of staffs greeting him, despite the fact that he always looked cold?

One evening, Seithra followed him to a balcony where she noticed that no one was around. It seemed to be silent, as no tracks of patients were inside the room 145 until 150. Despite feeling strange, Seithra's breath got taken away as she saw the landscape of sunset clearly, when she followed him to that balcony. Sketchbook on his hands pulled her attraction, as she came close and tried to communicate with him.

"Hello there." She voiced, but unpleasantness could be seen obviously on the guy's expression.

"Huff. The look on your face is just the same as other brats out there." Seithra commented, her eyes rolled onto his. The guy did not reply, and he looked at the golden view of the sunset, ignored her appearance.

"Stay here if you want. If you're here to mock, then get off." His tone was slightly irritated. Seithra laughed slowly, "That was harsh."

A sudden meeting, it might be.

Seithra recalled her urge to see his sketchbook as she was curious to see his talent at drawing. Hence, she asked him in a bit of forcing way, "Hey, show me that sketchbook."

The gray pupils of that guy instantly grew, as he spoke in a stern tone. "No." There was awkwardness in his voice, which Seithra could hardly notice.

"I insist." She replied in the same stern tone he gave off, and without any further, she pulled the sketchbook from his hands. The guy who sat on this wheelchair was confirmed to be shocked, and tend to say that Seithra was rude.

"Huh? Why didn't you draw anything, but you're bringing this stuff everywhere?" She asked.

There was a long pause that did not filled with anything. Several moments later, the guy answered with a low voice, "I just feel like it."

Seithra smiled at his answer, and she immediately sketched something with a mechanical pencil that was pinned at the edge of the sketchbook. The guy who disliked her sudden misbehaving, declined his attempt to get upset when he saw her passion at drawing... she was drawing a guy who sat on a wheelchair, eyeing at the sky.

He noticed how she deep her fond of drawing was, his heart softened. Some minutes passed and Seithra had a curve on her lips, as she showed him a drawing of himself. Seeing that, his slit eyes went smaller as his warm smile decorated his well-aligned look.

"You're not that bad." He spoke, and Seithra replied the same.

They spent some moments together, forgetting the actual fact that they were just strangers with each room next door.