Chapter 5

Several days passed, but the short tempo could already made Seithra felt that her relationship with Felith could be considered as families. Although he did not own any mobile phone for them to communicate virtually, Seithra enjoyed visiting him everyday. She would release every pressures she had on the school, sharing it to him. Nonetheless, he would barely showed any reaction but his nods were enough for Seithra.

Until one day, she asked him to go out with her. She chose a beach that would be a comfortable place for them. Felith did not protested much, he was already used to Seithra's arrogance, bossy and inferior behaviours on commanding.

The soft feeling of breeze, the radiance of gold beams across the sky... Seithra walked with Felith's wheelchair handlers on her gripping. As the softness and the warmth of sand could be sensed on her feet, she rested his wheelchair and sat on a log laid on the seashore.

"The sketchbook?" She asked towards him, and he handed her the thing she asked. "You know what, this thing is just literally my obsession!"

A faint blush appeared on her cheeks when she heard him said, "Ours."

Seithra smiled at the idea.

"Hey, little boy! Can I ask you a favour?" Seithra's hands waved towards a small looking boy who ran across the coast. The little boy immediately approached them and asked, "Yes, what is it?"

A camera was handed to the boy's tiny palms, she asked him to picture her and Felith's from back. A big smile plastered on her face, later when she thanked the little boy who left for another run with his other pals. She referred the picture and drew the exact same thing she eyed at.

Meanwhile, Felith felt a strange feeling when he saw that boy running with his friends. He remembered the past before he lost his parents. He had been a small boy once, running freely. But now? He could only stuck to his wheelchair.

They sat together for quite long time, eyeing the sunset. Suddenly, Felith spoke.

"Do you believe in past life?"

Seithra stopped sketching, and she looked at him while knitting her brows. "No, why?"

Felith did not look at her when he smiled. "You know what, some tales told that people who met today had been knowing each other since the previous life."

Seithra's lips curved. "So.. You're telling me that we once met?" Felith mumbled an unclear murmur. "Sort of."

When she heard this, another faint blush appeared on her cheeks. Despite his cold and stern tone, she knew he meant it. He really did. Seithra rested her hands on his shoulder and she was laughing. "Past life.." She placed her head against his shoulder. Felith was a little surprised to her action but did not really mind it. He only rested his head on hers, too.

"We should be friends eternally, shouldn't we?" Felith mouthed. Seithra said a gentle voice, nodding. "Yes."

As they both adrift in the warmth of the sunset, a silhouette who eyed the whole situation quickly left, driving its car.

"Hey, Felith." Seithra talked out of a blue time. "Why wouldn't you leave the hospital after 9 years?"

Felith eyed her. "It's my comfort place."

Hearing his answer, Seithra was puzzled. "Who paid your bills then?" Her arm swifted to wipe her sweats on her cheeks.

"My grandad did." Felith spoke in a lower tone. Seithra went farther, she began to question the reason why his grandfather would not bring him home.

"He hated me because of my parent's death." Felith's voice lowered, and Seithra immediately faced him. "Why would he? You were just a kid back then." She calmly responded, even though her feelings were mixing into sympathy and unpleasantness.

"He should blame me, I was the cause. If I didn't asked them for a trip, it wouldn't happen." The guy rised his grey eyes to blankly looking at the sky.

"But, it wasn't your fault." A soft stare of her jade-green pupils eyed him. "After all, things happened." Felith snorted.

"You arrogant brat, acting like a counselor." He mocked. Seithra felt irritated and she knocked his head.

"I was just being kind, dummy!" She rolled her eyes. They laughed and continued to stare at the setting sun together, for quite long time.