Chapter 4

[VIP Hospital]

"Sigh, why did dad transferred me here?" Seithra spoke to a well-built man, and the guy who was probably around his 30's answered, "It is better for you to be treated at a personal hospital, miss."

The green-eyed pupils rolled in extreme snarl. She was upset, she did not like the action of her dad that brought her away from the previous hospital.

'I didn't ought to ask his name..' She regretted, inhaling the air. Afterwards, she took out something with rectangular shaped. A sketchbook that its owner was searching for. She grinned slightly, and took out the pencil that was paired with it, drawing a person, a man with slit eyes smiling.

She had a warm smile plastered on her face as she eyed it. Sooner, footsteps alarmed her hence her speed increased to hide the sketchbook. As she guessed, it was her dad walking inside to visit her. She had some mocks and was told to study rather than sitting there with no profitable doing.

"But Dad, I'm sick right now." She protested. Two maids went after her and gave her numerous paged books.

"Sick enough to study and be productive?" Her dad spoke in a tone that every dad would sound like. Seithra sighed and began opening the books, but deep inside, all she could think was drawing again, and again.

She sighed, and studied alone. Recalling the rhythm of freedom she had when she could draw freely in front of that guy, she could not help but wished inwardly to meet him again as soon as she would get discharged.

While deeply inhaling for air, she began to study.

A week later passed, Seithra was fully recovered and she had discharged. It was a comfy feeling when she laid down on her bed again. When she went to her school as usual, several students asked her condition and she would just brush off with some mumbles of "I'm fine."

That day, her class dismissed a bit early than usual. She determined to visit that guy she previously met on the hospital she was in before the VIP one.

As she moved towards the lift and was about to enter, her gaze suddenly laid onto someone. A guy with brown hair and gray eyes, him.

There, Seithra could feel an atmosphere of euphoric when she saw him. With his senses, he realised that someone was staring at him. Their both eyes met. Seithra approached him and he immediately recognised her.

"Hey there, I am here to return this-" Seithra was just about to speak, and her words were instantly cutted off.

"Thief."

Seithra laughed at his reaction, and frowned. "Well, guess you could call me that. It's fact." Another chuckle escaped her lips when she told him that his sketchbook became her obsession since the past 1 week.

"Aren't you rich? Just grab a lorry of it." The guy spoke harshly, he just laid his eyes on the sketchbook. Seithra rolled her eyes. "I have my reasons why."

Silence filled the atmosphere for minutes straight, and Seithra ended it with three words. "What's your name?"

A genuine feeling of relief had her. A sudden light sparked on her eyes when she heard him mumbled something. "Felith."

Seithra nodded. "Mind if I ask you to the balcony?" She asked, her eyes glued on his. Felith rolled the wheels on his wheelchair, as he led the way there. When they reached the alley, a smile appeared on her plump lips. The moment when she drew here, it did not even lasted for hours but the memories felt like an eternity.

Soft breeze passed through the two bodies and Seithra noticed Felith was about to say something, but he went shutted in a breeze.

"What was you were going to say?" Seithra spoke in a high pitched tone. Felith went a bit jolted, he was surprised due to her sudden words.

"Why didn't you get your own sketchbook?" He said, his tone was almost sharp but he tried to lower it.

Seithra spoke in a decent voice, she did not hide anything from him, "My dad didn't allowed me to draw, he said it'd be a major distraction on my academics achievement."

He knitted his brows with her answer. "I have my own credit card but the usage is controlled and supervised. So, I couldn't buy a canvas... or even a sketchbook." She added, giggling.

"Sounds weird and unbelievable, isn't it?" Seithra muttered again when she realised he was silent. Felith did not reply a thing, he only had his eyes stuck on the sky.

"But you can read, right?" Felith questioned. Seithra nodded, her left brow went upright. "You can't?"

Felith mumbled an instant "Mmm, I forgot how."

Seithra smiled. "Oh yeah, where are your family members?" She wondered, she never saw anyone with him beforehand, and so did right now. Her gasps went to his ear as he told her something that was quite shocking.

"My family died in a car crash since I was 11." From his voice, she could not tell whether he was sad or not. Yet she continued to dig more about his information, asking about his current age. He briefly answered, "20." She concluded that the tragedy happened 9 years ago, hence it might have been fading inside him.

"Can I be your family member then?" She talked, trying to sound consolating. Felith ignored her plea, and she numerously uttered the same thing until he sternly spoke, "No."

"My position is higher than you, so I insist." She talked in an arrogant tone, this time she made it clear.

Unknown if he was delighted, Felith chuckled. "Fine. I have a little interest in befriending you because you seem talented in things I couldn't do." What he meant were drawing and writing, but Seithra's brain processed different thing.

'Is he talking about my ability to walk?' Seithra thought alone.

And on that day, the sunset witnessed a friendship bond was born.