Chapter 9

Day after day, Seithra regained her previous self back. What made difference was her fond to go to a beach at 5 PM as she would wait until the sun setted. She was waiting for him, she always waited for him.

Her books would be in her gripping, as a sketchbook would be on top of those. She would spend countless minutes sketching, she dared herself to fill each blank page of that sketchbook. Sebastian would sometimes join her, he would stiffen while gasping at the beauty of her drawings. In another point of view of her, she had looking on the previous times she had.

It felt like an eternity, she would swear. Was his words about the past lives were really true? Have they met and separated before?

"How long would you wait for her, Seithra?" Sebastian asked, in a warm cozy evening when sun was about to lay its feet to the sky. Seithra icyly replied, "He made promises, he would come so I'm waiting."

A feeling of sympathy ran across Sebastian's heart. "I guess he must be really special for you, mustn't he?"

Seithra nodded. "Yeah, he is." She turned around and her face warmed, she was smiling at him. "And you know what? He's perfect." Her words sent a faint smile on Sebastian's lips.

Her sincerity had the tall lad next to her felt something else. He was obviously touched. Then, he reached for her shoulder, and assured that she would be okay without him.

"Would I? I don't know. I don't realise how long I had known him, it only lasted for a moment, but I felt like I've been with him the whole time. Am I being dramatic about this? I don't know." She brushed her words off with a chuckle.

Sebastian gently eyed some seagulls. "Let's cancel our engagement, Seithra." He slowly eyed Seithra to see her reaction. She then smiled softly. "Your dad would kill you for that."

Sebastian only smiled gently. "But, I'd rather be than seeing you being killed with me." Another laughter escaped the young lad's lips. He really meant it, he could have her for his whole life, but would it matter if her heart was with someone else?

Seithra did not answer. A moment later, she spoke. "Do you believe in past lives, Sebastian?"

Sebastian shook his head as he curiously eyed her. "No. Why?"

"They said, people who met today had been previously met before." Sebastian's lips curved when he heard this. "So, have we met?"

Seithra nodded. "Felith taught me so. He taught me, and I believed his poetry. Us. You, me and him."

Sebastian could only eye the sunset, where he saw Seithra pulled out her sketchbook again.

"You know what? Since I was little, Dad taught me never to never draw. Singing was the only thing I could do, and I immediately sent to television show. I had fans, I was happy. Mom and dad did too. But, mom's passion in drawing was bigger, and I got her poetic side. I could create drawings and express everything on the canvas. But mom died, and dad said it was drawing that caused her to die." She had a long pause afterwards.

"Then?" Sebastian asked.

"So I had to stop drawing. Until I met Felith." She finished her words with a long, deep sigh. 'After all, he became someone who supported me to draw over and over, until I feel like myself again.'

Sebastian smiled, as he eyed the sunset with her.