Chapter 7

It was already 7 PM when Seithra's car was parked near her house. She noticed another car was parked inside too, yet she did not really thought about a thing. While wiping some raindrops against her skin, she walked inside.

The first thing she saw made her burrows furrowed. 'Sebastian?' Seithra grinned, she was monologuing alone. Noticing her appearance, her dad instantly spoke up. "Seithra, come here and take your sit."

Seithra only frowned, she made her way to sit beside her dad, across Sebastian. There was something fishy when he noticed Sebastian's companion who seemed to be older, or was he Sebastian's dad?

With her guessing, she was absolutely right. Seithra's dad eyed her for quite some seconds and finally spoke in a tone she never heard that stern: "Seithra, I don't want to see you to meet that sick young lad again."

Hearing this, Seithra was sent to a complete shock. How did her dad knew it, and moreover, who told him about it? Her doubt towards Sebastian was getting bigger. Who else saw them except for him?

And most importantly, why would her dad prevent her to meet the person she considered as her comfort place?

"Young lady, are you listening?" The echoing voice went towards Seithra's hearing senses as she immediately brought back to reality. She furiously eyed her own flesh and blood, and spoke harshly, "But dad, Felith is the only people I could talk to like a person!"

"Is he? Well then, say goodbye to your little friend, and please kindly meet your future fiance, daughter." Her dad told her with pressure in his voice. Seithra knitted her brows, a rush of adrenaline went to her spine.

"But I don't even know this guy!" Seithra protested. Things were getting messed up for her, with a literal shocking twists.

"No excuses, young lady." Her dad spoke sternly. Seithra was known to be well mannered but that day there was an obvious difference that occured to her behaviour. She stood up with rage and slammed the door as she went inside her room. Sebastian and his dad who witnessed the whole thing could not help but only grasp in an essential awkwardness.

Inside her room, she cried continuously. "Was mom even happy with him?" Seithra complained.

When she forced herself to collect her senses and asked her dad for a permission to go to the beach to watch a firework show, her dad's answer was predictable. It was a strong "no."

Instead, there was a dinner held between Seithra's and Sebastian's family. All things were discussed, including Seithra's and Sebastian's engagement. Seithra believed that if she told Felith about her feelings, he must be a lot more understanding about it. But, he was not there. Where was he? Probably waiting for her...

Seithra was munching her food without any guts to eat. Feeling uncomfortable, she left the dinner and walked towards her house's backyard. Seithra wanted to be herself again, she wanted to draw her own tears.

Later, Sebastian found her sitting alone in her house garden. He joined her, as they eyed the stars together. When Seithra saw him, she jolted in anger. "You caused this, Sebastian!
Why did you tell my dad about Felith?"

Nonetheless, Sebastian did deny the accusation. Seithra doubted him and even added that he was a liar. Her fists were clenched, and she walked away from his sight. She went to her room's attic, waiting for the fireworks. She hated the fact that she cried, but it was the truth. She ended up sleeping there, her thoughts were somewhere where she imagined a guy... watching a firework show.

Seithra was born to be independent and never relied on others, but this time it was completely different. She admitted it, she relied on him, even though she had the ability to do anything better than him.

Right now, she really wanted him to be around her.

                                                . . .

A noisy night with countless people flooding the beach. Each of them had their companion, unless a guy on his wheelchair. With each seconds moving, he went impatient. Was she coming?

Felith laid his sight on the sketchbook that he and Seithra had sworn it was their obsession. This night, he was going to gift this to her.

He suddenly regained a memory from his past.

"Mom, when I'm bigger, I'm going to be his boyfriend!" A plea of a young boy echoed, he pointed excitedly to a TV screen, where a young girl was singing in a show. The little boy's loving mother smiled softly, as she ruffled her hand on his light brown hair.

Seithra, the little artist he had been in love with since he was little. Was it a dream that he accidentally saw her in the hospital, and was able to catch her attention? Was it a dream that the girl of his dream drawn his figure?

A sudden touch on his shoulder shocked him. "Seithra?" He spoke bluntly.

"Oh- Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you were my brother!" A girl bowed back and forth, and shyly brushed away from his sight. Felith sighed.

He would wait for her as promised, as his eyes slowly capturing the sparks of fireworks. The colourful lights reflected on his skin.

"I would wait for you, Seithra."