Friends at her Side

"Kid! kid cmon open your eyes.." Brimstone muttered as he clenched the engineers body close. the sounds of gunshots were loud, almost drowning out his words, though as Jett, Cypher and Neon fought back the omega agents, here he was clenching the small form of the engineer, who was pretty much his daughter in al but blood, and frantically trying to get her awake again. he was quick to wrap the wounds she gathered when her turret then lockdown exploding near her, and continued to shake her gently. "cmon kid, you need to open your eyes please.." footsteps alerted him of a agent coming over, and he quickly raised his gun, turning to face the threat, though relaxing when he saw Jett. her eyes were wide with worry, and she kept glancing down at the still form of the engineer. "cy-cypher called for a extraction.. Omega had retreated and we defused the spike. Cypher and neon are checking to make sure omega fully retreated.." she quickly said, to Brimstones nod. "stay here and wait for the Vulture, im going to help neon and Cypher okay? try to get her awake if you can." Jett just nods and watched as Brimstone gently moved Killjoy, whispering something to the engineer before he patted Jetts shoulder and ran off. Jett slid down to sit down next to the engineer, moving her head to lay on her lap and removes the beanie, gently brushing through the untamed mess of killjoys hair. "hey KJ, need you to open your eyes please..Raze will kill you if you returned dead.." Killjoy remained with her eyes closed, though her eyelids twitching like she was fighting to wake up. the slow rise and fall of her chest confirmed that the engineer was still alive. "cmon KJ, whos gonna beat me in Mario Kart if your stuck in the medbay..?" that seemed to do the trick as the softest groan filled the air. Jett watched with bated breath as killjoys eyelids moved faster before slowly opening to reveal brown eyes, clouded with pain. "j-jett? Was ist pass-passiert...wo b-bin ich?" Jett chuckled softly as Killjoys voice slurred, still threatening to pull her back under, though Killjoy was fighting it. "your safe, we are waiting for a extraction now. try not to move to much.." "why..? Ach Scheiße" killjoys face contorted with pain as the wounds finally made themselves known. reats pricked at her eyes and Jett silently rubbed them away. "you alright Kj, Sage will heal you dont worry."the sounds of the Vulture grew closer, as well as footsteps of the other agents returning. Brimstone sighed softly seeing his daughter awake, and crouched down talking to her quietly. Cypher and Raze huddled nearby, relief clear in their eyes, though worry was still clear in their face as Killjoy fought to stay awake. the vulture landed and Kay/o and Raze ran out to them motioning for them to hurry. Brimstone looked relieved that their ride had arrived. gently picking up the engineer from Jetts lap he ran over to the vulture and disappeared inside. Raze watched with wide eyes at her girlfriend's state, though she was quick to help the others into the vulture before it took off. Cypher walked over to Kay/O sitting beside him to help him out as Jett, Neon and Raze joined Brimstones side. "she will be fine you three, as soon as sage heals her." Brimstone stated, hoping to ease the younger agents expression, though it didn't seem to do much. he gave them all a soft smile and left the 4 agents to talk with cypher and Kay/o."seu idiota?! Como isso aconteceu" Raze said, no bite to her words as she grabbed killjoys hand softly. "th-there Yo-yoru distracted me and Phoenix took the shot.." killjoy muttered softly though smiled at her girlfriend. "i'll be fine though, once sage heals ill be a-okay." Raze just groans but kisses her girlfriends forehead softly. "you idiot.." jett and neon snicker softly at the twos soft argument. "ay killjoy, thought you said you could hold a site pretty well." Neon said teasingly, earning a playful glare from the injured engineer. "dont you tart this neon" "aw but it's true KJ, you always brag about being able to cover site." the two resolve into giggles, which raze joins into shortly after at the glare her girlfriend had. Killjoy sighed but smiled, happy they weren't as serious anymore. "your lucky that im hurt, or i would've gotten you two." the threat did nothing more but get everyone to laugh again, which Killjoy groans in playful annoyance, hissing softly as pain sprung back up. the three quieted down and sat down around the engineer, keeping her awake by talking and teasing her. finally once they got to base, Sage was quick to walk in and gently take Killjoy to the medbay. the four agents huddled by the door, worried on the news of their friend. Pheonix had joined in cnfused on why they were there, though learning it was killjoy, decided to stay and learn news on his friends tate. finally Sage allowed them all in, telling them to keep queit. lacking her normal bright yellow jacket and green beanie, though her shrit mustve been freshly changed was Killjoy, sleeping off the pain meds and healing from Sage. Sage watched as all the younger agents gathered around Killjoys bed, Raze grabbing her girlfriends hand as she struck up conversation with Pheonix, which had Neon and Jett snorting in laughter, and smiled, glad the reclusive engineer managed to find few friends in the protocol. she truned and walked out, heading for brimstones office to let him now killjoy would be fine, especillay since the founder was Killjoys father in all but blood.