Omen and his cat

the room of the walking ghost was dark, the only source of light was a small strip of LED lights that lined the bottom shelf of the built in bookshelves. Cat trees, scratchers and other toys lined the furthest wall, going from wall to wall. various shelves of different height and lengths were screwed into the wall, allowing the furry creature to converse the room without touching the ground. Omen was laying down on his bed, confined by the very purring creature he designed the paradise for. said thing was laying on his stomach purring loudly at the soft pets it was getting. Omen felt at peace with his cat, knowing whenever he was stressed, his little creature would be able to calm him.  he thought back to how he found the little furry creature.

They were on a mission on Bind. It had been a close call with the omega agents leaving 2 of the team of five injured. Omen offered to patrol around quickly, his teleport allowing him to get around quickly, to make sure Omega had truly retreated. Deadlock, who was in charge of the mission was hesitant to agree but found the advantage Omen had so she quickly agreed, so long as Chamber went with him to watch his back. they had just made it to A site when a sudden mreow had them freezing. The French sentinel had immediately called his custom pistol into hand and pointed it at the direction the noise came from, as Omen clenched his Vandal closer and did the same.  they both seemed to freeze as a black and white cat fumbled out of the Showers archway. Both men put down their guns studying the little creature with confusion. its blood was matted with blood and dirt, though its brown eyes were wide and trusting. one hind leg was held up off the ground completely and a wound to its side trailed blood down its fur. 

it stumbled over to the ghost with a soft merow. "seems like the Omega agents didn't like it being in the way.." Camber said offhandedly as he watched the cat. "sounds like them.. should we bring it back for healing?" omen murmured gently petting the cat, earning soft purrs in response. "would Brimstone even allow it?" Omen only shrugged and gently picked up the cat, feeling the fuzzy creature purring and relax against his cloak. "it seems like omega retreated, lets get back, hopefully Deadlock had called for a extraction, and Jett and Neon are holding up." the french Sential said simply, earning a nod from the ghost, who hadn't let go of the little cat. Omen didn't dare attempt to teleport, afraid to either hurt the cat more or lose it as he did such. they made their way a lot quicker to B site since they weren't trying to be quiet anymore. Upon reaching they saw Deadlock finish up wrapping up Jett's leg, who was laughing and joking with the lighting agent. "glad to see you two are still well enough to joke." Chamber stated heading over to the two young duelist. Omen came to a stop beside deadlock, subconsciously petting the cat softly. "it seems you made a friend Omen, where did you find them?" Deadlock said softly, gently patting the cats head. 

"it was on A site, seems like the Omega agents didn't take to kindly to its presence. gong to see if Skye or Sage can heal it." Deadlock nodded, and smiled at the soft meow from that cat. "well im sure it would appreciate it, though will Brimstone allow you to keep it?" "he can try, i dont think i can let it go though." Deadlock chuckled softly as the sounds of the vulture got louder. they all gathered around as it landed, and Sage was out as soon as the ramp lowered. she headed straight for the two inured agents  to heal them as Viper followed behind. her eyes trailed over the 3 other agents, landing on the cat in Omens hands and raised a eyebrow. "whats that? where'd you find it?" Viper questioned curiously. "B site,  the omega agents didn't seem to like it.." "her" a sudden voice piped up, scaring both Omen and Viper. omen turned to see Sage standing behind him, looking at the little cat in his arms. "aw sweet thing.. i can heal it up, though Brimstone may not let you keep it." 

"i already know." Omen said simply, watching jade cover over the cats wounds and heal them. the cat meowed in confusion, though simply headbutted Sage's hand in thanks before climbing up Omens cowl and hiding within his hood, curling around his shoulders. Omen simply patted her head before watching as everyone started boarding the vulture. 

it had taken a lot of persuasion on Omens part to convince Brimstone he could keep the cat. finally Brimstone allowed it with the condition that it stays in the protocol, and stays in Omens room. slowly but surly, after finally getting his cat actual food, and getting the cat fully back to health he started buying cat scratchers, toys, and a cat tree  to allow her to feel more at home. he found he genuinely enjoyed coming back to his room after a mission or training and having his cat come running up for pets and snuggles. Killjoy, Raze, and the duelist always come over almost weekly to play with the cat, with omens allowance, and they keep her busy when Omens away on Missions, mainly those that last a few days. 

Omen sighed and felt himself falling asleep to the purrs of his cat, knowing both were safe and relaxed he allowed himself to fall asleep, the cats purrs grounding him.