15. Going away

It was yet another day when Shreya was in the kitchen with her mom.

"Why are you making Puran poli today?" Her mother said helping her "You might get late." She looked at the clock and warned her about time.

"It's done aai. Taste it and tell me." She said blowing air on the hot Puran poli and putting it in her mouth "How's it?" She asked with hope in her eyes.

Her mother ate the puran poli and squinted her brows and her nose scrunched. Fear clouded Shreya's mind thinking about what mistake she.

"It's" Her mother took a break and then looked at her "It is perfect just like my baby." She said with a wide smile making Shreya smile at her drama.

"Ok bye maa, I will get ready then." She said running back to her room to get ready.

After getting ready in Jeans and a shirt, Shreya looked at the mirror for a last time and took her bag ready to leave for work. She went downstairs only to see her family devouring the Puran poli she cooked.

"How's it?" She said taking a seat at the dining table.

"You made it?" Aniket asked while taking a bite.

Shreya nodded when her father spoke, "How it could be less than perfect if my princess made this?" He said making Shreya giggle at her father.

Aniket scoffed "Don't listen to baba. Their taste buds are not working in his daughter's love." He said snickering making Shreya glare at him.

She stood up and tried to take his plate which he already held tightly and on the other hand, he had one Puran Poli which he was devouring.

"Give it back to me if it's not good," Shreya said putting all her strength.

Aniket pulled it back "Arey Tai!! Baba does so much hard work and earns. How can I waste such hard-earned money? I will eat this ." He said taking another Puran Polu "Don't worry, nothing will go to waste. I will sacrifice myself for my father's hard work." He said as he successfully pulled the plate from Shreya's hold and put it on his lap. He bent over the plate, preventing it from Shreya's eyes and hand.

"Ohh!!! The great Aniket Patil. No, you don't need to be so noble. We don't want your sacrifice." He said standing beside him.

Aniket looked up at her and stood up.

"But I am a great person who can't see his family in distress." He said and took Puan Poli in his hand and ran out of the house taking his bag.

Shreya shouted at him but he was already out of the house.

"Don't mind him. He just loves to tease you." Her mother said laughing and Shreya smiled knowing well how much her brother loves her cooking.

"Shru, are you going out today?" Her mother said with an upset face making her father look at them.

"What happened?" Her father asked.

Shreya shook her head taking some Puran Poli on her plate "Aai is getting anxious without any reason." She said taking a bite of her food.

"But my heart is palpitating. It's feeling as if something wrong is about to happen." She said as distress filled her face and she put her hand over her heart.

"Maa, you are just being anxious. Everything is fine. Don't worry I will come early today." She said trying to calm her mother's mind while she huffed at her.

Shreya looked at her phone ringing and saw Abhi's name showing up. She quickly finished her breakfast and waved goodbye to her family. She took the lunch box in which she packed some for Abhi and left.