44. A bright day

A special thanks to studious_species for this beautiful cover of book. Thankyou so much darling❤️❤️.

____________

Viren was standing in front of Shreya forwarding his hand to her to catch her. She turned back and ran through the corridor of his house. She was trying to shout for Abhi or Ramya but words were not getting out of her mouth. She looked back to see Viren reaching her faster with a sinister smirk on his face. Tears were flowing out of her eyes when she saw the door of the house opened and she put all her efforts into getting out of there and ran in the direction of the door. She ran putting all her energy and as she put her foot outside, everything calmed down.

Her eyes opened abruptly and she looked at the ceiling and then to her right to find herself in a hospital room but the fear was still in her mind when she felt a weight on her stomach. She slowly turned her face taking a heavy breath only to find Abhi sleeping peacefully with his hand tightly holding her as if she would disappear somewhere. Shreya's heart relaxed on seeing him but an unknown fear was settling in her heart after her dream and she turned to him.

She shook him slowly but he was deep in sleep. She felt bad disturbing him but she also had no other

option. She shook him again and Abhi opened his eyes abruptly. He looked at her to see a saddened expression on her face and he held her face in his hand.

"What happened, love? Are you fine?" He asked holding her cheek in his palm "Is it hurting somewhere?" He asked worried turning to her side completely.

Shreya shook her head and hugged him "I had a nightmare." She said and Abhi caressed her back "He was chasing me." She said and Abhi's hold tightened on her waist "I tried to call you, but nothing was coming out of my mouth." She said as Abhi felt wetness over his shoulder and he rubbed her back.

"I will not let you go anywhere again. You will now stay with me only." He said tightening the hug as Shreya closed her eyes feeling the warmth of his love and affection.

"I am scared." She said leaning back from the hug.

Abhi took a deep breath feeling bad for not being able to take away her pain. He leaned in to kiss her but she flinched and Abhi stopped at his place. Shreya regretted her action and tried to speak but Abhi put his finger on her lips.

"Life hasn't been great with you Shri. And I understand that, so you never have to try to explain anything to me." He said caressing her cheek "Can I kiss your forehead jaan?" he asked sweetly and Shreya's heart melted hearing him and she nodded her head.

Abhi leaned in for a kiss and Shreya's heart relaxed slowly. His lips lingered on her forehead for more than a minute and her heart slowly started beating normally.

Abhi leaned back and caressed his cheek "I will not repeat my mistake, my love. Your safety is my priority now." He said and Shreya smiled at him when something crossed her mind making her eye go wide.

"Aai, baba, ani" She whispered out.

Abhi caressed her hair with a smile "They are resting in the room beside yours. Don't worry doctor tended their wounds and nothing is serious. You can meet them at around 11 as per the doctor." He said and a smile formed on Shreya's face hearing about her family and she tightly hugged Abhi.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, Abhi." She smiled at him and kissed his cheeks unknowingly only to later realize that she felt him stiff. She tried to pull back but then she decided to move on in her life and let her lips linger there.

Later that day

Shreya was pacing in her room. Some minutes ago, Abhi came to her room telling her that she could finally meet her family and her happiness knew no limit. She quickly freshened up and cleaned her face when suddenly she looked at herself in the mirror and all her excitement flew away. She looked at her bruises and wounds making her heart hurt.

She stepped out from the room and paced around thinking about her decision to meet her family. She closed her eyes as she sat on her bed when the door to her room opened and Abhi entered with a smile.

"Shall we leave?" He asked with excitement on his face only to see an upset face of Shreya.

Shreya shook her head no and Abhi walked to her at a fast pace as he sat in front of her "Hey, love, what happened ?" He asked taking her face in his hand.

"Would they hate me?" She cried in tears.

"What" Abhi was baffled at hearing her and didn't know how such a question even arose in her mind.

" Abhi.......they were hurt because of me... They had to leave their life in Mumbai and had to shift to a small village because of me." She cried "Do you think they are angry with me?" She said with fear in her eyes.

Abhi understood that it was her insecurity that was speaking and not her. He held her face in his palm and made her look at him "Shri, if somehow you got hurt because someone wanted to hurt me. Would you hate me?" He asked lovingly and Shreya's eyes widened.

"What? No way. I will take a thousand hits on me, only to save you." She said frantically.

"If you can take hits for a person you met 2 years ago, then how many hits are they ready to take to ensure that their child whom they birth and raised for 24 years?" He said and Shreya relaxed visibly.

"I am scared."

"Then let's face it. Let's face all your fears and conquer them like the princess you are going to be." He said kissing her forehead and taking her hand in his "Let's go." He said as Shreya stood up with some fear and some new motivation in her.

Soon, she was standing outside a room. Abhi caressed her hand and knocked on the door as a come-in was heard. Abhi caressed her hair "Let's go, love." He said opening the door and the whole Patil family came onto the scene.

Vidushi saw her daughter and she ran to her before she could even enter. Shreya was glued to the place as her mother took her in for a hug.

"Deva! Deva! Is this a dream? My daughter, My bachha." Her mother cried hugging her as Shreya broke in tears. And soon she felt another pair of hands around her only to see Aniket hugging her crying.

"I missed you so much, Tai." He cried and Abhi quickly moved away from the room not wanting to disturb the family.

"Shru, Bachha come to baba." Dhruvesh said from the hospital bed and Shreya's eyes went to her father who was lying on a hospital bed with his leg hanging from a pole near the bed.

Shreya looked at her father and she ran to him with tears in her eyes. She hugged him as she saw her strong man crying like a baby "Forgive me baccha. Your baba couldn't protect you." He said kissing her hair again and again as Shreya tightly held him.

"No baba, forgive me. Because of me, you all suffered ." And she felt Dhruv tightening the hug

"We can lay our life for you Shru without any question if it means you are safe and happy." He said and Shreya leaned back with tears.

She looked back at her little brother who had a bruised face as his hand was bandaged and walking with a limp "He hurt you too much." She said guilty of seeing her brother hurt.

Ani shook his head "Arey I am strong now. I gave him a hard punch on his face, his jaw must be dislocated." Ani said with a smug look on his face making everyone chuckle.

"Yeah, he is a big man now. He made blood come from his mouth." Vidushi said caressing Shreya's head.

Shreya forwarded her hand to him and he limped to her fast and tightly hugged her as tears dropped onto Shreya's shoulder "I missed you a lot." He said in a broken voice and Shreya caressed his head like any other.

"Forgive me," Shreya said

"I have a big heart, I will forgive you." He said sniffing "Only if you make some puran poli for me." He said and a lot of laughter echoed through the room.

______

Next update on Friday after 2.10 k votes complete and trust me this time I won't update without target completed. You simply have to click on star button, don't know what is the big deal.

SPREAD LOVE AND HAPPINESS.