54. Lost friends

Happy birthday ephiphanywithyou . Here's a gift for you.

________

Abhi and Shreya looked at Nitya sitting there. She ran toward them and hugged them as they smiled wide.

"Oh God!! You both. I missed you." Nitya said with a pout and Shreya again took her in a hug tightly and she relaxed.

Nitya's presence always soothed her somehow and she relaxed in her arms.

"I missed you a lot," Shreya said leaning back.

"Ok, beta! You guys spend time, we are going to sleep." Dhruvesh said as Abhi walked to both of them and touched their feet.

Later, those three were left alone. Abhi side-hugged Nitya as he caressed her hair "How are you doing?" He asked with nothing but love.

Nitya didn't have the answer to his question and she just gave him a thumbs up with a smile.

"Did you eat something?" Shreya asked worried.

"Aunty and uncle filled my tummy till my throat. They forcefully fed me so much saying that I am getting thin. Don't know how come they didn't notice this fat belly of mine." She said and chuckled at the end.

"Well, I am upset with you both on so many things." She said folding her hands over her chest and somehow Abhi and Shreya knew what she was talking about.

Soon, all three of them were sitting on the terrace with three bottles of soft drink in their hand. Nitya stopped drinking long ago, Abhi wanted to stop this habit and work on it while Shreya always hated the smell.

"You could have told me, Abhi. Maybe I could have helped you somehow." Nitya said visibly upset.

Abhi looked down "I know. But I just didn't feel like it. Everything was so messed up and I had no idea what I was supposed to do. I should have informed you but my days and nights were so fucked up that I didn't feel like talking at all." He said not having exact words for explanation.

Nitya knew what he must be feeling "I am sorry. If I wouldn't have cut myself off like that, then maybe I would have known. My habit of running away from things cause us this hassle." She said and looked at Shreya "How are you doing?" She asked.

Shreya looked at her with a smile "Great. I am happy." She replied genuinely and looked at Abhi with a smile.

"I am happy that you both are finally getting married." She said happily taking a sip of her drink.

Shreya ruffled her hair "You stopped drinking."

Nitya looked at her "I overdrank at a party once. And never drink after that." She said with sadness in her voice.

"Did something happen?" Abhi said standing up and sitting beside her.

Nitya shook her head.

"You are hiding something," Shreya said noticing the pain behind her smile.

"Oh God!! You both are unbelievable. First of all, you guys told me so late about your marriage and now trying to make me cry." She said glaring at both of them.

Abhi slapped the back of her head "Why didn't you call or message if you got the marriage card."

"I wanted to surprise you both." She smiled lying down her head in Shreya's lap and her legs in Abhi's lap.

"Oh my bachha," Shreya said pulling her cheeks as Nitya scrunched her nose.

"Should we adopt her?" Abhi chuckled massaging her ankles which looked swollen.