53. Romance

Abhi came out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist ruffling his hair making droplets fall on the floor as his eyes went to the bed where he left Shreya sleeping. But his heart raced on not seeing her there. His eyes went wide and heart dropped seeing the bed empty. His past flashed in front of his eyes as he quickly walked out of the room.

He heard some music and quickly walked towards the source. He calmed down on seeing Shreya standing there in the kitchen stirring something with a smile as her waist was moving right and left with the beat of music. She was still wearing his shirt and her long legs seemed enticing to him. He walked to her and leaned on the wall at the entrance.

Shreya felt a heating gaze on her and she quickly turned back to see Abhishek standing there in nothing but a towel as some droplets of water were still there near his chest and forehead. She smiled looking at him as he walked to her.

"Wear some clothes at least." She giggled as he hugged her from back and put his chin on her shoulder and hands caged her waist.

"Why? Don't you like my body." He said kissing her shoulder making her shiver with closeness.

He heard her giggling but she didn't speak a word.

"Should I take it as a no then?" He asked sounding a bit low making Shreya turn instantly and arch her brows at him.

"What are you even saying? You are the most handsome man and you have the best body." She said not liking how he said "Even better than my fav Shahid Kapoor." She said turning back again and start stirring the pan.

"Well, that is a compliment meri jaan." He chuckled and held her closely in his arms from the back.

Shreya took a deep breath as his wet body was making her shirt transparent and she was feeling his skin over hers making her take deep breaths. His hands shivered when he traced his finger from her arm to her hand and then held her hand and started guiding her in stirring. His lips rested on her neck as he gave her a butterfly kisses making her moan.

"Why are you cooking? I would have done that." He said closing his eyes and taking in her scent.

"I am doing it because I want to." She said looking back at him as he smiled and rested on her chin.

They both stood there in each other's arms as Abhi's hand was moving over her hand and her leg while she was squirming in her hold. A blush was forming on her face and her ears were getting red. Abhi noticed that her open hair was interrupting her so he moved back and took all her hair in his hold and tied it up securing it with a clutcher.

Shreya giggled as his hand slightly touched the back of her neck making her ticklish. She turned back with a spatula in her hand as Abhi whistled with wide eyes.

Shreya looked at him confused "What?"

"You, in my shirt, hair in a bun with some locks on your face, and a spatula in your hand." He said putting his hand over his mouth "You just look like............" He said as he moved towards her and came close to her face "My wife." He said capturing her lips in his making her shy.

She leaned back from the kiss "Go and change in some clothes." She said patting his naked back.

Abhi chuckled but agreed nevertheless.

After changing Abhi came out and saw Shreya settling 2 plates on the dining table and he smiled. She sat on a chair as Abhi also settled.

"It smells good." Abhi complimented and took a bite of Maggie and instantly moaned "Oh my love!! What a great chef you are!" he said giving her a chef kiss making her smile instantly.

"I got a call from Baba." She said taking a bite as Abhi furrowed his brows "He asked me to bring you with me home."

"Why?" He said confused as they didn't have any such talks

Shreya shrugged her shoulders "I don't know. He just said so." She said as her elbow rested on the table "But he was sounding happy."

"Ok, then I'll meet him while dropping you off."

And a silence followed after that as they had their meal silently. While a question was still lingering in Abhi's mind.

"Shri." He called her making her look up at him "What you thought about the future?" He asked her as Shreya furrowed her brows.

"What?" She asked.

"Your career jaan. Do you want to start as an editor again?" He asked her and saw her smile flattening.

She looked down as the spoon fell from her hands to the plate.

Abhi made her look up as he forwarded a spoon filled with Maggie to her asking her to open her mouth and she did unwantedly.

"You can tell me anything. I think we had that conversation." He said asking her to open up and she nodded.

"I don't want to work." She said as shame filled her face.

Abhi nodded taking a bite "Cool!! Why were you getting so upset about such a small thing?"

Shreya looked up at him "What will your family think? They all are working and have so much respect in society." She blabbered "And they will think that I am wasting my education." She said as tears flowed through her eyes and Abhi immediately sat on her knees in front of her "But I don't want to work now Abhi. I am tired. I just want to stay at home. I just want to enjoy these moments. I want to give myelf some time and heal myself first. Would they think I am not of their class if I decide to be a homemaker?" She stopped as Abhi kissed her lips and she closed her eyes as he caressed her waist.

He leaned back from the kiss "My love, doing a job has nothing to do with class and all. And it's your choice. If you want to stay at home then of course you can. If you want to do a job then do and if you want to do stay-at-home work then do it. Do whatever you want." He said caressing her cheek "You study for knowledge and doing a job has nothing to do with it. Do a job only if you want to, if you enjoy it." He said wiping her tears "Don't do anything which you don't want to from now on." He said hugging her "And staying at home is also no less than a job. Even it's hard to take care of the needs of everyone and handle those mental stress."

"Would people demean you for marrying me?"

"I don't care what people say. Because people tend to badmouth people when they can't gain those milestones." He said leaning back from the hug "I am a prince, my love, owning the best publishing house in India do you think I only heard positive comments? No, I have heard everything and ignored it. But if someone said a word about you, then trust me I won't ignore them but bring every dirty part of their life in front of them and make them regret every word." He said with a determining voice.

Their talks were cut short as Shreya's phone rang again. She looked at the caller ID to see her father's name popping up.

"Let's go. Baba is waiting for us. Go, get changed." He said taking her phone in his hand and Shreya sniffed cutely as she left kissing his forehead.

Abhi talked to Dhruvesh telling him that they would reach in half an hour only to hear an  okay.

He turned back to see Shreya standing there as he walked to her and hugged her "Don't think too much okay? And trust me I would love to see your face first thing when I come back after a tiring day from the office." He said making her smile as she held his hand and they walked out.

Soon, they reached their home. They saw someone sitting there with her family and Shreya looked at them confused. They both walked inside to see something shocking and both of their eyes turned wide.

________

PLEASE VOTE, SHARE AND COMMENT IF YOU LIKED THE CHAPTER.

SPREAD LOVE AND HAPPINESS.