Her Christmas Miracle (One-Shot

Title: Her Christmas Miracle
Author: Ever (unknownwordcrafter)

***

Masayang nagtitipon-tipon ang buong Dimetrious clan para salubungin ang Christmas Eve. Kinagawian na kasi nila na salubungin ang Pasko nang magkakasama.

"Do you think Santa would show up tonight to give my gift, Dad?" Salmantha asked her dad innocently while playing with the tips of her hair.

Napangiti ang tatay sa tanong ng anak.

"I guess so. What gift do you expect Santa would give you, Princess?"

"Uhm, a lil' brother, Dad! That's what I wrote yesterday on the wish list. Hope he grants my wish, though."

Napailing na lang si Fernando sa kapilyahan ng nag-iisa niyang anak. "Well, if Santa fails to grant that wish of yours, I guess your mom and I can. Right, Hon?" tanong nito sa asawang papalapit na sa direksiyon nila.

Kaagad na kuminang ang mata ng inosenteng bata sa narinig. "Really, Dad? I want to have many brothers!" Tumingin ito sa mga daliri na wari bang nagbibilang sabay taas ng dalawa nitong kamay. "Ten, Dad. I want ten lil' brothers!"

Tumatalon-talon ito habang malawak na nakangiti.

"You heard it, Camilla? Your daughter wants to have ten brothers. Ten." Fernando smiled widely while uttering those words, emphasizing the last word.

Tinitigan naman siya nang masama ng asawa nang makalapit na ito sa direksiyon nila.

"What?" Kunot-noo na saad ni Camilla sa asawa.

"Nothing. Just say yes," tipid na tugon ni Fernando at tinaas-taas ang dalawang kilay.

"Is it true, mom?"

"What, Princess?"

"That Dad and you can give me ten lil' brothers if Santa don't show up?"

Camilla found herself at a loss for words. Her daughter's request catching her off guard. She realized that Salmantha had inherited her own boundless optimism.

"That's why I said just say yes. You don't want her to cry on Christmas Day, right?" Fernando whispered to Camilla, nudging her gently.

Camilla rolled her eyes. "You're impossible."

As the countdown to the Christmas began, the atmosphere was charged with excitement. Laughter and cheers filled the air, and even though it wasn't yet midnight, it felt like the perfect moment.

"3! 2! 1! Merry Christmas!" The crowd shouted in unison, setting off fireworks that lit up the sky. The sense of joy and togetherness was palpable.

However, the celebration took a dark and horrifying turn as the night unfolded.

Suddenly, the sky was not the only thing illuminated, as the whole place became bathed in blood and echoed with agonized screams.

"We are being attacked! Watch out!" Salmantha heard a voice she didn't recognize.

Her fear mounting as she hid beneath a table. She had no idea what was happening outside, and her body refused to obey her commands, leaving her frozen like a statue.

Salmantha's breath caught in her throat as she peered cautiously through a small gap in her hiding place. The scene before her was nightmarish.

Her beloved parents lay wounded on the floor, and she yearned to run to their side, but her limbs remained immobile.

With growing dread, she watched as a man approached her parents and callously stabbed them with a sword.

"Lovers till the end, huh? Well, forever does exist for you both," he sneered before ending their lives.