17 (Drunk)

SHAWN MATTHEW MONTERO

"Why are you so serious? May problema ka din ba?" My friend Claude asked me. We are in his bar right now. Tyler called us all because he want to find her runaway wife.

"None of your business." He just shrug and drink his bacardi. They are still talking about what to do with it and I already offered my men. They are searching for any lead. I open a new bottle of scotch.

Lately, there's this irritating feeling inside me. Alessa is the girl I suppose to like but that woman is getting on my nerves. I always unconsciously think of her and maybe that is why I've been drinking this much today. I met her when she joined my company and I was fascinated with her beauty and confidence. She's a rising model that time and she's getting popular because she's obviously good looking and knows how to present herself. Chantal always tempt me. She's always bold with what she want and she said she want to sleep with me. Of course, I said I don't do virgins but she laugh at me and said that I shouldn't worry about it. Right, she seems liberated what do I expect. We had great sex but she became annoying afterwards. She always want to be with me and she always have her way to drove my other bitches away.

She has a strong personality. She manage to survive in this industry and she always get the deal that she wants. At some point, I despise her. She harasses anyone who come close to me but she's always moderate about it maybe because of her image. That's what I hate about her. She can ruin someone else life just to have me. We slept multiple times before but not that often, only when I fell from her seduction. She's a dangerous woman and I don't want to fall from her traps.

I drew the line after sleeping with her for the last time. She was very disoriented and confused when I told her and that is the first time I saw her cry (it refers to the time when Lia got reincarnated as Chantal.) I walk out from her unit and firmly decided to end things with her.

The other day, I saw her harassing an employee. I looked at the crying girl and I was intrigued. She look like a small rabbit crying and cowering because of a great lioness. She looks very innocent and she can awaken any man's instinct to protect. So, I did because that's what I think is right. I almost fired all the other receptionist because they cross her. When I saw Chantal shouting at her, I fired her too. If she apologise to Alessa that time I wouldn't fire her. I just want to see her lowering her pride but she didn't. She sticks to her personality and do not show any weakness to anyone. I thought I got rid of her. I thought I can go on with my life because I have Alessa. Alessa is the ideal girl, she's just innocent, fragile and purehearted. She is the total opposite of Chantal and I thought having her is what's best for me. I am 30 years old and my parents are forcing me to get married or else they'll find me a wife.

When I saw Chantal on the runway show, I was dumbstruck. She's gorgeous. She walks like she owns the stage and she didn't make any mistake. I talked to her and suddenly there was a commotion. Alessa cause an accident. I wanted to curse out loud that time. Why can't she be a little more like Chantal? I curse myself because I am really fucked up in the head. I fixed the situation and tend Alessa. She cried and said that when I left her and when she saw me with Chantal her heart hurts. Normally, I should be happy because she's liking me too but I couldn't. She made me apologize and lower myself to other people. For some reason, I don't yearn her feelings. Still, I didn't leave her.

I didn't see her for almost a month and I tried to fix my relationship with Alessa. She is the ideal wife that I can think of. When I saw Chantal again, she said that she doesn't like me anymore. It's like a kick in my gut. I couldn't believe it because for the past three years she's always vocal about her feelings with me. I thought this is her new way to gain my attention but she stop messaging me like she did before.

"Hey Uno, is that Chantal? The famous model?" Chantal? She's here?

"I think so bro, let's ask Shawn." Harry answered. I stood up and approach them. Tumingin din ako sa baba and there she is. Looking so hot and tempting. I need to stop this thoughts.

"She's fucking hot. Shall I make a move on her." Uno said and I instantly want to point my gun at him.

"Fuck off, if you want to keep your life." He put his hand in the air and laugh at me.

"Right, that's Shawn sidechick." They continue to tease me but I don't care. I saw her walking with her friends. My own friends get back to drinking and planning about how to deal with Tyler's problem.

Patuloy ko lamang pinanonood ang kinaroroonan niya. Maya-maya pa ay dumating ang iba pa nyang kaibigan. Some went out but I couldn't see her then after a while she came out and they greet her. It's her birthday pala I should greet her too. After a while they went back inside. I couldn't see what they're doing. I just continued to drink more. After about an hour they went out again and I feel rage when I saw her walking and smiling with a bastard guy.

"What the fuck? What are you doing bro? Why are you destroying my property?" Claude asked I didn't know that I broke the glass that I was holding.

"Geez, I'll pay for it." I went down and follow Chantal. Hindi ko pinansin ang pagtawag nila.

The crowd is getting wild but I manage to find a better spot where I can watch them. I gritted my teeth while holding a tremendous amount of self control. I couldn't kill that guy in an open space. Claude will freak out if I cause such ruckus in his precious club. I don't want to take her away because she might think that she got me wrap around her pretty little fingers.

My vision darken and I was swallowed by extreme anger when I saw that fucking bastard trying to kiss my Chantal. Before I knew it, I'm dragging her away from the dance floor. I am never been this angry. I looked at her and she stepped back. Is she going back to that bastard? I grab her hands again. I need to cool my head and I put it on her shoulders.

"What are you doing to me woman?" She pushed me away and stepped back.

"What do you mean? I'm not doing anything to you! You are the one who dragged me out of nowhere." She's mad too. She took another man's drink and gulped it down. Napangiwi naman sya. I just bought another drink for that poor guy and dragged her away from the counter.

"Who is that bastard!" I sternly asked.

"He's none of your business. Let go of me. You are so annoying." I gritted my teeth when I saw that bastard is already in front of us.

"Chantal, are you ok? Let's go back." This bastard! Should I just kill him? He hold her arms and I swatted it away.

"What is your problem, Sir? She's with me." Chantal look so drunk right now. That last drink of her seems really strong. She's just leaning on me with her eyes close. There is no way I'm handling her to this bastard.

"I'll bring her home." He look so mad with what I said.

"No, I don't even know you. She's with us and we'll be the one to bring her home." I laughed at him.

"But I know Chantal more than you do so your opinion doesn't matter. Tell her friends that I'm bringing her home. I am Shawn Montero, by the way." With that I carry Chantal and left him. Hinabol nya pa din kami. This bastard is surely persistent.

"Give her back." I really laugh loudly this time. Good thing it didn't wake Chantal up.

"Quit yapping, that is not happening so you better go home. Don't you wonder why I know where she leaves?" He's clenching his fists.

"Because we have that type of relationship." I left him dumbfounded and drove to Chantal's unit.

Damn right, I am wrap around her pretty little fingers.