21 (Contract)

"Won't you give me a good night kiss?" Inirapan ko sya at tinalikuran. Nakakailang halik na nga sya ng walang paalam.

"Well okay, iipunin ko na lamang. Kapag sinagot mo na ako ay tsaka ko kukunin lahat." Hindi ko sya pinansin at patuloy na naglakad sa loob ng condo. Hindi ko na balak alamin kung paano sya uuwi. Malaki na sya. Pagkarating ko sa aking unit ay agad akong nagpalit at naghilamos. After that ay humiga lamang ako sa kama.

I checked my messages and I saw Radon's chat.

'Good night. I enjoyed it very much. I hope you are doing well. Sweet dreams.'  I replied at him.

'Good night I enjoyed it too.' I really want to give Radon a chance but Shawn is ruining everything. He sent me a good night emoji and I just put a react on it.

Sunod kong binuksan ang chat ni Shane. She sent me the details of photoshoot schedule for tomorrow. Ibinaba ko na ang aking cellphone. Tutulog na sana ako ng muli itong tumunog.

'Shawn calling..' Agad ko itong pinatay. Can't he just leave me alone. Kasama ko lamang sya kanina. I received message from him afterwards.

'Ignoring me? Good night my Chantal. Dream of me.' Hindi na ako nag-abalang replyan pa sya.

Kinabukasan ay sinundo ako ni Shane sa tapat ng condo. We have our own driver now because it saves energy.

"Good morning ano yung nabalitaan ko? Babalik na daw tayo sa Montero agency?" I look at her and she's really serious. Right, Shawn made a threat yesterday.

"Who told you that?" I think I know the answer but I just wanna make sure.

"Sir Shawn messaged me. He said that you already talk about it. My question is when? Bakit hindi ko alam e ako ang manager mo." Well, how can I tell her naunahan na agad ako.

"It's a long story and we just met yesterday." Mukhang nagtatampo pa rin sya.

"Tell me about it. Akala ko ba ay ayaw mo na kay Sir so ano ito?" I know this is confusing. I told her that I don't like him anymore.

"He asked me to go back. It's true that I don't like him anymore but he made a new proposal. " She seems doubtful. Shawn rarely retract his decision on big matters so it's like a strange thing.

"Why? Is it because you became more popular?" Right, that can be another reason.

"I like to think that way too. I don't really know what he wants but he made a very good proposal. " I need to lie. I can't tell her everything for now.

"Really? What proposals? Gosh this might be a good idea. We can review the terms and adjust it to our liking then you can renew your contract." I really don't want to go back there pero ayaw kong may madamay pa na ibang tao. I can turn a blind eye but my conscience won't take it. I know he will not stop with that and he might just find a new way to manipulate the situation. I just don't want to get other people involve. I'll come up with a new plan and I will leave him for good.

"Yeah I was about to tell you pero naunahan nya ako." Ngumiti lamang sya at hinawakan ang aking kamay.

"Girl it's alright. I like working there. At least mababawasan pagod natin. Besides nadoon din ang iba nating kaibigan. Im sure they will all be happy. Let's surprise them." I just agree with her plans. We didn't go to our suppose schedule because she told me to finish this matter first.

Pagkarating namin sa kompanya ay nagsimula ang bulungan ng ibang tao. They know that I wasn't working here anymore so it's like a gossip being here again. The staff and receptionist greeted us and I was shock to saw Alessa here again. Hindi ba at assistant na sya ni Shawn bakit nadito na ulit sya.

I saw the mocking look of other receptionist to Alessa. It seems like they do not like her. Alessa seems like she want to cry but she's holding it in. What is happening?

"Did she got demoted? Is that one of his consolation for you to come back?" Shane asked me in a very low voice.

"I don't know. I don't have any idea." I answered in a low voice too.

"Ma'am are you back for good?" One of the receptionist politely asked. The others are waiting for my answer.

"Well something like that." I Smile at them. They all seem delighted and look at Allesa mockingly again.

We shouldn't stay in here. Kung hindi lamang dahil nakita ko si Alessa dito ay kanina pa ako umakyat because now almost everyone's attention is on us.

" Ma'am can we take a picture with you after the shift?" They hopingly asked. In my memory they have a proper relationship with Chantal because they admire her.

"Sure, let's do that. I need to go now. See you girls later." Masigla naman silang nagpaalam sa amin. We went to Shawn's office and his assistant promptly guide us inside.

"Good morning Sir." Shane and I both greeted him. He smile brightly on us.

"Good morning Chantal and Ms. De Vera." Shanette Hope De Vera is Shane's full name. Shane looked at me with confusion probably because Shawn doesn't smile like that. He's probably in the good mood because he had his way in this situation.

"Here is the new written contract. You can review it and we can change it base on your demands." Shane took the paper and read it. She's my manager and I trust her on this.

Shane took her pencil and encircle some parts. After that ay kinausap nya ako sa laman nito at sa mga gusto nyang ipabago. She even brought other proposals from different company so she can negotiate the deal better. She's really good at this. Shawn and the lawyer are just patiently looking at us. Matapos naming pag-usapan ni Shane ang gusto naming alisin at idagdag ay sinabi nya ito kayo Shawn.

"Do you agree with that Sir? Or shall we make another negotiation where we meet each other interests." Umilinh lamang si Shawn.

"I approve that. You can talk to the legal department so we can do contract signing today." Tumayo naman ang attorney na katabi ni Shawn. I remember him he's the company lawyer.

"Let's move to the different room, Ma'am De Vera. We need to print the new contract and use the seal. " What? Can't they do that here.

"I'm sorry Ma'am Chantal but I need your manager to come with me. All of the legal documents needed here are in my office." Tumayo din ako. Sasama na lamang ako sa kanila. Hindi ako magpapaiwan sa lalaking ito. Mukhang plinano nya na mapaalis ang dalwa.

"Chantal stay here. I need to talk to you about something." I mentally curse him. Can't he see that I don't want to be with him.

"We'll be back, Ma'am and Sir." Shane come with him and she look at me like I just need to stay here and behave.

Lumapit sya sa akin pagkaalis ng dalawa. Bahagya naman akong lumayo sa kanya. He lightly laugh and lean on the couch.

"My Chantal did you like what I did?" kumunot ang noo ko dahil hindi ko alam kung ano na naman ang topak nya.  Nevertheless, I don't like whatever he's doing.

"Like what?" he sat straight and looked at me.

"Oh maybe you don't like it because she's still here. Should I just fire her?" My eyes widen. Is she referring to Alessa?