23 (Bet)

"Salamat po sa pagtulong mo sa akin kanina." Alessa politely said. Mukha namang hindi malala ang nangyari sa paa nya dahil nakakalakad na sya.

"I didn't help you like that. I just want to eat in peace." Of course I won't admit that I just solely helped her. That's just  out of character. She asked me if we can talk for a bit and Shane left us because the Tagaytay guy is calling him.

"Still, maraming salamat po." She's smiling a little.

"Stop saying 'po' I'm not that older than you. You can address me as Ma'am or Miss like the others." Nakangiti pa rin syang tumango. Her smile is bothering me. It's like she always find a way to be positive. Even if she was cast aside by Shawn, scorned by her fellow employee or humiliated in public space. She can still be genuinely happy afterwards.

" Stop acting like that." She gave me a confuse look.

"What do you mean Ma'am?"

"Respect yourself. Don't be so forgiving. Yes, you might think that I help you but I did the same way to you before. I humiliated you numerous times. So don't act like I'm some hero just because I held out my hands." She bite her lips and look away. I know I shouldn't say this but she needs to hear it.

" Stop acting like everything is ok. You are hurt. Do you know why they are treating you like that? Because you're an easy target. All you do is cower and cry. After that, you'll gaslight yourself that you are fine. That everything is just fine." She look at me and I can see tears dwelling in her eyes. This time I'm not irritated. She's just pitiful.

" But I'm really fine Ma'am. " She wipe the tears that escaped her eyes.

" No, you are not and you know that to yourself. It's fine to get mad. It's fine to harbour hatred if they did you wrong because you are not a saint. If you want to do something then do it. Don't let other people decide for you. Grow some backbone. Do it for yourself because you are not going to survive like this. The world is not all glittery. It won't treat you like a princess just because you do good things. People will just take advantage of it. Respect yourself because they won't respect you until you do. " After that ay tumayo na ako. I already said enough. I want to give her a handkerchief. I know she's crying because of all the pent up things she tried to ignore.

"Always remember that you deserve things in life and I am sorry for what I did to you before. I hope we won't talk like this ever again. " I walk away from her. I gave her an apology because she deserves that. Besides I just basically cut her off.

"You done?" Shane put down her phone and walk with me.

"Yes, I just told her off." She didn't react much and we went to our friends. We catched up for a bit and I admit that I miss this.

We went home early. Radon asked me if he can bring me to the construction site because he want to show me what he do. He's really hesitant daw at first because I am a model and we have a completely different line of job. I agree nonetheless. I want to see different views. Napagpasyaha naming pumunta sa weekends dahil busy pa rin kami as of the moment. Sana ay hindi kami guluhin ni Shawn sa araw na iyon.

Days passed and I was bombarded with multiple projects. I barely have any rest. Shawn is still annoying me by sending  flowers, snacks and whatnots during my projects. He would also call and message me which I barely paid attention. He wasn't able to meet me dahil na rin siguro nagkaroon ng scandal ang isa sa mga model ng company and I heard may problema ang partnership ng isa nya pang company. Well not that I care. In fact this is a good thing. Nagkakaroon ako ng pahinga sa mga kalokohan nya sa buhay.

On the other hand, Radon and I are still exchanging messages. He also gave me flowers and order me food along with the staffs which are all my friends.

"Wow. Dami ulit nating food. Makakatipid talaga tayo kapag si Chantal ang handle natin." Trisha said and they all took a paper plate and joined me.

"Oo nga napakabahaba ng hair nyan. Kilala ba namin ito?" Ella asked before she took a piece of chicken.

"Yung iba daw galing kay Tagaytay guy tapos yung iba ay galing kay Sir Shawn." Shane teased me. Muli naman nila akong kinantyawan.

"Aba working na talaga ang wish natin ah hahaha sa birthday ko ipagwish nyo rin ako ng ganito." Antonette/Anthony said. He's a gay too and he's also our friend.

"Asa ka naman bruha hahaha." Trisha/Tristan said. They are actually best friends.

"Pusta ko kay Sir Shawn."

"Ako kay Tagaytay guy." Nagkanya kanya ulit sila ng ingay.

"Sir Shawn syempre. May advantage na sya kasi Chantal like him." Trisha said and nag agree naman ang iba sa kanya.

"I will go with Radon. Hindi mo ba alam move on na si Chantal. Isa pa, green flag yun." Shane argued and some agree with her. Natatawa ko na lamang silang tiningnan. Wala silang magawa.

Kakagatin ko na sana yung vegetable salad ko ng lahat sila bumaling at tumingin sa akin.

" What? " I dropped the fork. Ikaw kaya titigan habang kumakain.

"So sino sa kanila?" I can just easily say Radon but somehow I couldn't. Maybe I'm just hungry. If I answer them they will ask for more details.

"I don't know what you are all talking about." Tiningnan nila ako ng makahulugan.

"So, you can't choose yet?" Hindi ko sila pinansin at sinubo na ang lettuce. I'm really hungry and I can't eat more because I might look bloated sa susunod kong photosoot.

"Let's make a bet." Nagkanya kanya ulit sila ng gulo.

"Kay Sir Shawn ako. Pupusta ko sahod ko." Muntikan akong mabilaukan.

"Kay Tagaytay guy. Pusta ko din yung sahod ko." Nagkanya kanya sila ng lista. These people. Umiling na lamang ako dahil hindi na sila magpapaawat.

"I'll place a bet on myself too. Ipupusta ko lahat ng meron ako." Nagtindigan ang balahibo ko dahil ang pamilyar na boses ay nanggagaling sa gilid ng aking leeg. I stiffened because he put his face on my neck as he said those words.

"Sir Shawn." Agad naman sila umayos ng pwesto. Tumabi sa akin si Shawn at alam kong nakatingin sya sa akin. Great, mukhang hindi na talaga ako makakakain.