Wonderwall (adj.) a person you're completely infatuated with

"Old habits die hard," Gal whispers breathily unable to stop herself from smiling.

As if the woman had read her mind, Lily couldn't help but melt. In all honesty, Gal could've been angry and cussed her out but she hadn't. Even though the situation was a ball of electricity just minutes before, right now in the midst of their little bubble, everything felt charged with lightness and warmth that could only be describe as home.

She narrows her eyes playfully before Lily nods along, "they do," she utters fondly as Gal's eyes soften.

Lily takes the chance and tucks Hani into his mobile pouch before sliding closer to the woman that shared the couch. "You're here. Why and how?"

The inevitable was at the forefront that had Gal untangling her thoughts. She takes a deep breath because despite not wanting to show her hand, she needed to put everything on the table and see where everything would lead.

"Well, I was in my office on New Year's Eve trying to work through so I could get all the employees bonus checks out," Gal begins before Lily's puzzling face interjects. "We didn't have the end of the year party because of the wedding."

Lily's face pinched in an o shape before she nods for Gal to continue.

Truthfully, she missed the woman's expressions. Something she never thought about until recently. But Gal huff, tampering down her ache to wrap herself around the woman.

"Anyways, long story short. My phone was going off and it was Maya. When I answered, I knew something was wrong. She wasn't her snarky pestering self and she said Gal, it's Lily."

Eyes blown wide, Lily's heart dropped, "she didn't."

Shamefully Gal nods, "it was a blur but I was on the jet traveling across the ocean despite how vague Maya's explanation was. Those words haunt me every time," she expresses.

She didn't know how her hands ended up tangled in Gal's but Lily was grateful when she felt the woman's warm squeezes. Her cheeks warmed from the action before her brows creased, "Tori called me the same day wanting to visit me since Maya had serious business to attend to. She said she was closer to me and she didn't want to go back to New York with Maya. So, we talked and texted back and forth until she showed up on my doorstep."

Gal's nose flared irritably before the more pertaining question pierced through her, "why here?"

Lily sucks in a deep breath before meeting Gal's scrutinizing eyes, "it's not New York nor is it Britain," she answers truthfully.

She had her own questions and since Gal was going to interrogate her, she might as well return the gesture. Lily tips her chin up, "why did you break it off with Sutton?"

She knew Lily would stoop low despite the woman claiming she wasn't a jealous lover. Gal concealed her smirk, "we was never together, together," she answers truthfully, watching Lily's brow lift. She nods softly, "it was a trial of sorts. Slow and steady pace but nothing that I wanted to-"

"Commit to," Lily finishes, followed by Gal's nod. She hums understandingly because only if the woman knew how much she repelled the thought of being in a relationship with anyone but....her.

"And you?" Gal presses on causing Lily's head to whip to her face, "how are you? And your babies?"

For a moment Lily could feel how much it killed Gal to ask about her private affairs, turning away from the subject and settling about her health instead. She loosened one hand from Gal's hold before slowly rubbing her swollen belly, "they've been really active lately. Been throwing me into a weird cravings loop," she answers.