Maudlin (adj.) foolishly sentimental

Lily....

Scorching droplets rake down her skin, soothing her achy joints. Swollen ankles had become the norm, approaching a crucial time in her second trimester. And with the need for water to calm her muscles came bulging limbs dancing across her round midsection. Baby Olympics was in session.

Skin refreshed and rejuvenated, Lily stepped out of the shower to the steam filled room with hints of lavender. The intoxicating scent making her dreamy before slipping on her silk robe.

Silk held deeper meaning. Threads woven flawlessly to dance against unworthy skin. That's how she felt. The material being Gal and the surface of her body was incomparably damaged. Such a lap of luxury that she couldn't afford and yet she pilfered when she left years ago.

With another towel fashioned on her head, she languished under the ceiling fan, staring intently at her clothing racks. Choices were limited due to her predicament but nonetheless gorgeous for her picking. Soft strokes jumped from material to material before Lily's gaze burn into the soft jumper she had made a runaway with. Midnight cashmere set with a cozy hoodie was already in her grasps before she wiggled out of her robe.

Traces of their night together lingered on her mind as she slipped the tender material on her body. The lavish sensation screamed riches as it should, considering the owner of the sweat shirt was a lap of luxury herself. Lily inhaled sweet and musky aromas distinct to the woman that held her heart. She felt closer to Gal as if the woman was hugging her before she wiggles into snugged designer jeans to complete the ensemble.

Sighing heavily, tears began to appear at the corner of her eyes. Couple of days, isolated in her cozy home with just herself and Hani had her mind running rampant.

Exercise helped but only for a short period until Lily found herself daydreaming about a certain goddess. A few hours at the farmers market where her and Hani enjoyed themselves only to be haunted by memories that was stored away. Being with Gal had unleashed a flooding spell that kept her in a daze instead of filling her tummy. Though the babies didn't make it easy either as they prod against her skin begging for anything sweet.

Snuggly fitted, Lily tiptoed into the kitchen checking on the fresh baked blueberry sweet rolls that would be excellent for this afternoon at the Berkeley's before the astounding firework show. Poor Hani was medically induced for the night so New Year's celebration wouldn't spook him.

Lily had to fight back her temptations to lick the spoon of sugary icing as she lapped the thick salve-like sweetness over the rolls. But this was a losing battle since it's clinically insane to not lick the spatula. And conceding in the secrecy of her own kitchen didn't count for cheating. A harmonious moan slips through her lips as she wrapped her whole mouth around the utensil.

Chimes blare from her grandfather clock jolting her out of her sweet deception. Goofily, Lily couldn't contain her giggles at her own ridiculousness before she placed the lid on her pan and began packing up to leave.

Moments later, the front door was secured with a hefty helping from her bulging stomach. Excitement zapped through her veins as the purplish hue sat whimsically on the rooftops of the suburbs. The welcoming warmth of Australia with the hint of chill was perfect to bring the new year in as she swept to her little car.

Her excitement must've woken her babes as her skin stretched contently by bulging limbs. At this point Lily couldn't tell if one of her babies were making a ruckus or both. If it was one, she would have her hands full but she was mighty confident that both babes were awake. Especially when her bladder felt a burst of pressure followed by what she assumed was an elbow just under her rib cage.

Ever since Bora Bora, her little babies had been extremely active throughout the day. Night time was a hit or miss which Lily was grateful for since her sleep schedule reflected her oncoming shifts in three days.