Kalokagathia (n.) the good and beauty in a person

Exciting giggles resonated through her cozy townhouse with the soft clicks of her front door shutting. She spun around, leaving her half filled luggage, just in time to catch the little girl slamming into her legs. The mere joy radiating off Zephyr had melted in heart and body as she slowly crotches down to properly hug the beautiful girl.

"I missed you," Zephyr squeals softly as Lily peered into hazel eyes.

That alone almost started the waterworks before screeching yelps jeered her attention. Before she could brace herself, the white blur interjected her eyesight and tiny little fingers began roaming her face frantically. Her mouth opens with laughter as Hani's midnight eyes were wide with happiness. His hyper scattering made it impossible for Lily to grab ahold of the sugar glider and properly love him up.

"Oh, I missed you too," Lily chortles, letting Hani have his way with her hair.

"I see you've made it back in one piece," London snickers playfully before Lily pulled the woman into her arms.

"I'm surprised I've made it back at all," Lily huffs with a mocking sad face.

Her friend's brow shot up in curiosity, "that bad?"

"More than," Lily replies before the front door opened once more bringing Elliot with the littlest of the bunch. Her eyes sparkle with excitement as the little bundle of joy had more hair than he procured from birth.

"How is Elliot Jr. doing?" She coos knowing how much the nickname ruffled London's feathers. But she couldn't help it that the boy was a splitting image of his father.

"Screw you," London curses, eyeing her husband and Lily that were sputtering with laughter.

"I'm kidding," Lily cackles evilly as Elliot half hugs her but secretly handing off his son.

Poor guy looked as if he hadn't slept in two months. Well, that's what happens with a newborn. And Lily couldn't imagine having two babies run her about. It was something that she would need to figure out especially when she would have three months of maternity leave when she gives birth. As much as it scared her to have to juggle two babies at the same time with little to no help, Lily was just too overjoyed that maybe it might crash and burn or maybe, she would prevail. The odds were truly against her with her medical influences pointing out PTSD, birthing complications, depression, anything was possible. Take all of that and multiply it by two and she was in for a roller coaster ride. Maybe it would be easier with....

Just as her brain malfunctioned and began wandering far away to New York, Lily shakes her foggy brain because she couldn't just rely on anyone for help. Though her relationships have been mending, Lily couldn't just pop up with two babies demanding help from her family... or could she?

A whimper was swallowed in her throat because the whole plane ride had her in a endless loop of what ifs and made up fantasies where she hadn't only repaired her relationships but actually thrived. But forgiveness and growth takes time and it's only been a few days. Better not push her luck and just live in the moment with the beautiful family that became her own.

"I've ordered pizza. Should be here any minute now," London announces as Elliot had whisked Zeph away to the bathroom.

"You're a lifesaver," Lily sighs contently, holding the little one that already created his own space in her heart.

"Don't be too excited," London teases walking towards the open luggage that Lily acquired just to haul souvenirs and gifts. "Now what kind of goodies did you bring back?"

Giggling, Lily shifted Zane comfortably in her right arm before grabbing a plastic bag filled to the rim with shiny marbles. She opens it and holds it out for the starry eyes woman, "there was an abundance of Tahitian pearls. Some of them, I've plucked myself. Have your pick."