Gapeseed (n.) strange sight that attract stares

Gal...

Abruptly awoken from her tryst filled night had Gal overly stimulated for this so called talk with the strawberry blonde that was already shoveling her belongings into her luggage. The woman's silent answer had settled Gal's nerves when she opened her eyes to an empty bed and a determined strawberry blonde that wanted to get the hell out of Bora Bora.

She shifted awkwardly on the bed that smelled of Lily before clearing her throat, "could you stop packing for once and sit so we could talk?" Gal sighs impatiently.

Sutton spun around after zipping her second luggage, "is there anything to talk about?"

"There is," Gal gestures to the third luggage that was half filled. "I just want to clear up the air."

The exhausted woman brushes back her hair and subtly sat a distance away from Gal. "I-I can't do this," Sutton shudders.

Instinctively, Gal quirks a confused expression, "what?"

"This," Sutton points between the both of them. "I feel like I've been trying to grasp onto something that isn't going to happen. And before you think it's you, it's me," she continues.

Gal shakes her head, "but it's not only you," she adds.

Confusingly, Sutton tilted her head delving into Gal's gaze as if unraveling the woman's secrets. "What do you mean?"

"I've secrets," Gal confesses. "I've been hurt before and I've been afraid of taking steps in this situationship. I can't make you believe it's all your fault especially since you've given me your patience...."

"And I don't regret it," Sutton interjects with a smile that was half hearted. "I guess we were just in it for some... fun. Some fun that took us where we needed to go for the moment. But it..."

"Ran it's course," Gal completed understandingly. She smiles softly, scooting closer to the woman that she didn't deserve before gathering Sutton's hands, "I understand and I'm fully aware that the tension between us has fizzled out. But, I'd still want to be a friend."

"Friends?" Sutton guffaws out, patting her hand, "you've come along way for someone that was cold and completely reckless. I wouldn't have pegged you for it," she teased. "But I do appreciate the gesture and memories."

"And I as well," Gal nods softly. Guilt was eating at her before Gal squeezed Sutton's hand, "it's Lily."

Sutton's face screwed into confusion as second passed and Gal's lack of oxygen increased the thrumming in her head.

"Lily?" Sutton mouths before her jaw drops. "Lily, as in the doctor? Tori's best friend?"

Guiltily, Gal just nodded as Sutton came to the realization of her out of the ordinary moments.

"Lily was the woman that burned you?" Sutton questions in shock. "An-and she was here. That's why you were distant?"

"Yes," Gal confesses meeting Sutton's gaze. "She walked out on me a long time ago and left my broken heart on the pavement. The reason I feared ever letting anyone in, until you showed up. You had impeded my walls..."

"Not fully though," Sutton huffs playfully.

Her tight lipped smile told Gal all she needed to know and it killed her because it was the last thing she wanted to do was to hurt Sutton. Lily had waltz back and had plucked her out of Sutton's reach. But what bothered Gal was why Sutton was smiling instead of yelling at her.

"Hey," Sutton smiles softly, "I understand. Actually, we share the same in common. I-I am embarrassed to say that I've been thinking about rekindling lost love."