CHAPTER 66: SILVERWOOD MANOR.

SEVEN HUNDRED METERS AWAY FROM SILVERWOOD MANOR.

*PITTER-PATTER*

*WHOOSH*

"Team leader, what do you think made that howl? Did a beast really get into the capital?"

Tristan, a knight in the Wrathguard/8th squad - team 1, asked while running behind the Team leader toward the source of the loud explosion and howl.

"That should be impossible... but we'll know once we get there... pick up the pace!"

Sir Galen, the Team leader, commanded with a sense of urgency.

-------------------------------------------------

A FEW MINUTES LATER, IN FRONT OF SILVERWOOD MANOR'S ENTRANCE GATE.

"Whoa... What sort of beast could cause this level of destruction to a manor in the capital? Especially one protected by a magic formation?"

Aldric said with a shocked expression after seeing the damage done to the manor while still outside the entrance gates.

"Did a beast really do this? It should be impossible for a beast to get into the capital without the magical detection devices detecting it,"

Sir Galen pondered with a serious expression as he stared at the manor. As he observed the manor, he couldn't shake off the feeling of danger emanating from within.

"TEAM LEADER!"

a voice called out in a loud tone, interrupting Sir Galen's thoughts. He quickly turned his gaze towards the knight, who called. Knight Draven was squatting next to the walls surrounding the manor's compound.

"What's going on?"

Sir Galen asked as he walked toward Knight Draven.

"Team Leader, look here..."

Knight Draven said, pointing to a part of the wall.

"... What am I looking at?"

Sir Galen asked, unable to see anything out of the ordinary.

*VROOM*

Before Draven respond, he gathered mana on his palm and touched the wall, causing magic circles to begin to materialize on the walls, revealing a hidden formation.

"... Isn't this the Manor's magic barrier formation?"

Sir Galen said as the formation appeared. However, he noticed that the formation was different. Magic barrier formations used on buildings in the capital were categorized into six colors: blue, green, red, white, black, and gold. Each color represented the strength of the barrier, with blue being the weakest and gold being the strongest. But this barrier had a gray color.

"...Draven, why does this formation seem different?"

Sir Galen asked, as his knowledge of formations was limited.

"A magic barrier formation only turns this color when it's been deactivated... but, from what I can tell, this magic formation was deactivated about an hour ago,"

Draven said with a suspicious expression while staring at the formation.

"... That's weird. All the nobles are still attending the imperial prince naming banquet. And we haven't received any reports of carriages entering or leaving the manor during our patrols,"

Tristen added. The team members exchanged glances, a sense of foreboding settling upon them. It was becoming clear that something unusual was happening tonight.