Breath Of Death

Eira is walking in the middle of a forest. She is an ice princess soon to inherit her throne. It's still a long way away, but she doesn't mind waiting. After all, Eira was always willing to wait for it. She was tending to her garden of her snow roses when suddenly a noise was heard. A ruffle noise. Eira shivered and turned around. Her roses were growing. They were taller than she was, so whoever or whatever was there behind her had to want to scare her and harm her. She had a dark feeling in her soul. But she brushed it off and kept tending. Yet the noises kept going.

It got to a point that she became very afraid. Eira turned around to find the roses shaking. She got prepared to fight. A great elemental war was taking place, and she had to be prepared for a possible brutal fight. So she got snow in her hands. However, it was nothing more than her prince, The Flame King. Their love had been forbidden. He tried changing her into the flame queen he had always wanted her to be, and had her turn against her own people. But she wouldn't give in fully. She eventually stopped and turned back into the ice princess she always was in the later months. She couldn't take it anymore, and their love was ripping apart.

Eira stared at him. He had a dark look in his eyes. She didn't give up her powers fully, but she let her guard down just a tiny bit. They looked into each other's eyes. And she just breathed. His eyes had a painful hatred echoing into his irises. Almost like smoke had consumed his soul. He was to disguise it as love. Eira had a shattered love in her eyes. A snowstorm was forming in her heart. She was giving up on The Flame King, but wouldn't let him go till she was able to. After a short while, The Flame King spoke a broken word to her. Her heart dropped.

"Hello, princess snow."

"Hello... My love..."

"We need to talk. And you're gonna listen whether you like it or not."

"Go... Say whatever it is you need to say."

"Our love is forbidden. We are a part of two elements fighting against each other. It is not meant to take place in the world, yet you tricked me into falling under your spell. And when I realized, I tried to fix you to make it work. Yet you refused. You're a villain that's disguised as a wonderful lady. How dare you... How dare you? You're a fucking bitch."

"You... You can't do this. You know very well you were the one who made me fall for you. You placed a drink in my face filled with your flame. You said you were to heal me. I didn't do anything to you. You confessed your love to me. I tried resisting but you made me give in, I fell for YOUR spell. And the love I have... It's still there."

"I know, but it must be removed, permanently. Unless a change can be made."

"My love... What are you talking about? What are you saying? Nothing has to change. Apart from how you are to me-"

He slapped her with brutal force. Knocking her onto her knees for a moment. Making her vulnerable to all he can do.

"What are you doing?"

Unless you change your ways and give up being this worthless ice princess that you are, and become my flame queen, you are forever nothing to me and we will part ways for good. Your love will be removed and we will be nothing more than enemies and strangers."

"No..."

She whimpered out in pain. He kneeled down to her. Brushed her face with his hand, even afraid she still loved and grabbed onto him, hoping something would give. But it couldn't give.

"So, princess snow, what is it gonna be? Are you gonna join me, or will I have to leave you to die?"

She struggled to process what she was experiencing. Eira had already dealt with so much throughout their love, this was gonna seal the book shut. She couldn't change and become someone that she wasn't, and even though he was hurting her massively, this was someone she loved greatly and wouldn't risk losing. But, at what cost? She would lose either way.

"Well?"

Her voice broke. "No. No. I fucking can't! I love you. But this is who I am! I won't betray my people. Why can't you just accept me as I am? I gave you everything! Isn't it enough? Fuck you! Curse you and all of your kingdom!"

She wept beneath him. The Flame King laughed at her sorrows. Eira had been tricked and used by him so much, yet she still wanted to hold on in hopes that they could remain. But it couldn't be. All of the pain he caused her was finally revealing. And she couldn't take it.

"Then you've made your choice... Goodbye Eira. The woman who caused me all pain and love."

Eira was broken. But she wouldn't relent. And wouldn't give in to his pain. The Flame King and Eira had been together for so long, but she knew this was coming for a while. So she stood up and rested her hands. The bruise on her face wouldn't stop her from growing stronger. She would lead her kingdom and destroy his, or so she thought. Eira just stood there and stared once more. But she didn't say anything. She had no words, no emotions, she just knew she wouldn't let this break her apart like it all tried before.

But she made a grave mistake. Eira had turned around to leave her garden and find her guards to remove The Flame King out of her kingdom. They were forever strangers and enemies now. Before she could walk away, The Flame King had grabbed her by her wrist and told her to wait a second. She was shocked and became afraid. This couldn't be good. The feeling Eira had in her heart grew and grew. This monster in front of her stroked her face, and slapped her once again. Out of anger, she grabbed him by his wrist and started freezing it. It was no use. It couldn't have been any use. But she still tried. The most it did was weak his arm, but still, nothing. Fear grew all around her. She tried running again, but her throat was grabbed.

The Flame King held Eira in the air, choking her. "You know you're weak. Compared to me, you're nothing!" He spoke to her. Her eyes glowed white as she tried freezing him, but nothing was working. Suddenly, he grabbed his sword. The flaming sword he had carried by his side for whenever he needed to kill. Eira saw this, and screamed. She was begging for help but it was too late.

"You know... Since you went back to being in this pathetic form, I knew I had to do this. I prayed I didn't have to do the same thing to you I've done to many princesses before. I prayed you'd be the one. Oh well. Only the good die young."

She pleaded with her eyes to let him go. And whispered "You can't do this. You can't do this... I love you more than the world can Collide." Hoping to change his mind... Nevermore... He stabs her. Shoving his flaming sword into her stomach. Breaking all her ice and taking away all life. He set her roses on fire. She tried to cry out but couldn't speak. Eira had been wounded. And she was dying. The Flame King kept her onto his sword, dragging her along the way as blood poured out and life was emptying. He found the sacred river she had shown him when they first fell deeply in love. No remorse had caved in his eyes. He wasn't sorry. He thrived off of women's pain. It was how he would win the war he caused. Ultimately, he held her over her river. And laughed at her dying face. "Rest in peace, Eira. You won't be missed." He scoffed. The Flame King threw her down into the river.

As she sunk in, the blood on her stomach froze the river completely. And her life was stripped away. She sunk deeper and deeper into the water.
All darkness took over her eyes. The pain was unbearable. It felt like claws had taken over. Oh, sweet Eira. Whispers came into her head. She tried fighting and fighting and fighting to survive. She wanted to persevere and break free. But it was too late. Hands took over her body and piercing vines had broken through her veins. Her memory was fading over and over. She couldn't fight it. All she heard was "It's time to go, Eira. It's time to go." Repeatedly. The memories she had made had begun to form as stars, and her stars were flying into the dark sky over her eyes. It was time. The spirit of death had come to her and reached it's hand to her. It took her and cradled her in it's cold arms. Eira had been given a death undeserved. She took her final breath as death kissed her lips, bidding her a proper goodbye. Giving her what her last vessel would have as love.

Eira had fought the fight for so long. But it wasn't to be won. She tried holding onto everything and survived. The Flame King tricked her into thinking she was loved, but he wanted to kill her and take her kingdom. It cost her everything. Eira was dead. Cries out from her kingdom were heard throughout. The worst pain anyone could ever imagine had come to fruition. She was killed before she could ever inherit the throne.

Eira, the snow princess, had died.